Tranny

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Ok my tranny has been slipping for the last two months but i never thought much of it since it was only when it was cold. On Wednesday night I was on my way home and it started slipping like crazy, reving up to 8k rpm! Downshifting jerking the whole car and stalling out. My friend followed me home and i got it in my driveway. I went to go bring it to get my codes read on Friday and I can't get it out of my driveway, I have no reverse gear so i pushed it out with my dad and now I can't get out of first gear. I brought it to an advance auto to get my blinking cel checked out and i got these two codes:
-Torque converter clutch selenoid is open
-Gear ratio is incorrect

So I'm hoping now that my car doesn't need a new transmission. Can anyone shed any light on those codes before I bring it to a mechanic this week.
Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
I say replace the torque converter clutch solenoid and change the ATF for now, if the results the same, then you might have go 6SP!!!!! Lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^He's got a V6...5spd.....waste.

At least you can count on not being given misinformation like that member Hala.......oh wait..........

:lawl:

Get started saving up for the 6spd.

Seriously, sucks about the tranny, but hopefully you can get the car up and running asap.

Did you check to see if it was a solenoid issue?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
yea i checked the solenoid and i brought it to the mechanic. its shot. I'm driving my dads work truck untill i can pay to fix it. Thank god xmas is right around the corner so i can get an advance on some money and save up the rest. I only got 11 thousand miles out of it before it pooped out. smh

Hondatuner86

Reaction score
i change the solenoid on my 98 LX 2.3 yesterday...prior to that sometimes it would slip through gears randomly then shift smoothly...it's still slipping after the solenoid change...is there a reset or program prodecure for this? Thanks

Hondatuner86

Reaction score
Update:Back In April i ended up having to get a new transmission because the original one went out completely...i looked at it after removal..it was fluid soaked and the differential had a lot of play in it....the car has 160k on the body and 89k on the transmission...of course had to change another solenoid because the D4 indicator was flashing

Back