Wheel Question

Accord2Show

Reaction score
I am looking at up grading my wheels and tires. I am also wanting to do a staggered set up. I have a 2000 V6 Coup. The set up I am looking at is either

19 x 8 F and 19 x 9 R What off set and tire would i need?
or
18 x 8 F and 18 x 9 R What off set and tire would i need?

I also have a BBK so I need to take that into consideration.

What do you thank of this set up?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help

deucescorner

Reaction score
wouldn't recommend it, why staggared on FWD. Either one of those setups will more than likely rub the rear. Now the only feasible way i can see no rubbing is if you have a high offset, but then the issue would be, will is start rubbing around the suspensions not to mention not being able to clear your BBK.

You could do this with and high enough offset to clear your BBK but then your wheels will just stick out too much and rubbing issues will occur and not to mention the fugly issues.

Regarding tires, the widest i've seen on a 6thgen without rolling fenders and widebody is 235/35 with a conservative drop ie prokit. At that size with a 9" wheel width, I think there's gonna be a little tire stretch or your lip will stick out abit.

I say stick to the setup you have, you car looks good anyways. IMO your just asking for lots of headaches and not to mention some waste of $$$.

Phut

Reaction score
here we go again...

there was a thread very VERY similar to this one a few months back. heck, it may even be on the second or third page of this subforum cause there's not much traffic .

but i'll give my input. go with the staggered setup if that's what you want. most here would disagree. do what YOU want. i personally like the staggered look of having some lip in the front and even more lip in the rear and also the flushness. i got a set of 18x8 and 18x9, offset if +45. disk/pad type is also a factor on how much lip the wheels will have and how much clearance you'll have from the calipers. since you stated that you got a bbk, you'll need at least a high disk/pad. i would suggest saving your money and buying a quality wheel(work, ssr, volk/rays, etc.) and get them in the configuration that you want. stay away from the "affordable" wheels as they'll mostly come in just one or two different configurations. tire size is also a factor. sakuradrops808B and yogi would have better info on tire sizing as they are/were running a pretty aggressive fitment on their accords.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
yea that was me who wanted to do it and after looking into all the factors, i dont think its worth it especially if its a daily driver. But like Phut said, do what u like

Yogi

Reaction score
High offset is for style... prepare to ride low and slow 8) lol

mikes running @ 8.5? or 9? i forget in the back and he needs spacers cause his shocks are getting beaten up by the inner rim...

and if u wanna clear a bbk might as well go with a lower width wheel to be safe....

or go krazy like i do it and just do it lol
i bought the wheels hoping to dear god that i just dint buy wheels that dint fit my car

just buy my wheels ;) lol

Last edited:

Accord2Show

Reaction score
This car is not daily driven. Only time it is driven is to the local cruse in once a week and to shows. That is about it. I would love to do some crazy off set. Like you yog or sakuradrops808B, but I am afraid of how it will look with a coup, and what people would thank. I don't want to look stupid. Looks good a Sedans. I know it's a front wheel drive. Let me know what you thank. Need input.

Phut

Reaction score
just buy yogi's wheels. it's a steal for the price he's asking for.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
High offset is for style... prepare to ride low and slow 8) lol

mikes running @ 8.5? or 9? i forget in the back and he needs spacers cause his shocks are getting beaten up by the inner rim...

and if u wanna clear a bbk might as well go with a lower width wheel to be safe....

or go krazy like i do it and just do it lol
i bought the wheels hoping to dear god that i just dint buy wheels that dint fit my car

just buy my wheels ;) lol

i just find it funny that your sig says "style can't be bought"...but those wheels your selling are damn hot and pretty much proves your sig wrong cause anyone that gets those just bought some good style...:)

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
This car is not daily driven. Only time it is driven is to the local cruse in once a week and to shows. That is about it. I would love to do some crazy off set. Like you yog or sakuradrops808B, but I am afraid of how it will look with a coup, and what people would thank. I don't want to look stupid. Looks good a Sedans. I know it's a front wheel drive. Let me know what you thank. Need input.

On a coupe it looks sexy, just look at G35/G37 for example. Example only.

That's perfect! Hey even if its for daily drving then its pretty much about the skills of the driver. :kenny:

Disclaimer: i am not responsible for any fitment issues or any damages but not limited to whatsoever..
Also, if you order a higher-end rims the rims dealer can help you out with the sizing even better if you mention that you have a BBK. Also not all tire models and brand can handle stretching so again ask the dealer.

Some example on a 18" size rims on a 6thgen.

Semi-Agressive
18x8, 18x9
+38, +38
215/40 225/40
to make it fit: Increase Camber, Fender Roll, and Cut Fender Tabs.

Agressive
18x8, 18x9
+38, +36
215/35, 225/35
to make it fit: Stretch Tires in the Rear, Increase Camber, Fender Roll, and Cut Fender Tabs, Fender Pull.

Super-Agressive
18x8, 18x9
+36, +36
205/40, 215/40
to make it fit: Full Stretch Tires or Increase Camber to fit, Fender Roll, and Cut Fender Tabs Fender Pull or Fender Trim.

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
BlackDeathV6BG from V6p.net:
Also have staggered set-up and BBK and it looks sexy, so go for what YOU like, its you car, your rules, your money.

IMG_2704.jpg

Back