DIY: "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I know this thread has come in handy for a few people on 6GA as well. Very helpful write-up.

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
Just did this yesterday to my stock setup just to help out the stance since im poor.

A couple of useful additions...
Pull out the strut all the way, its not hard. If you have a friend helping you the whole time one of you can grind the fork while the other grinds the collar on the strut. I had to use a drill and a metal file on the collar since that was all we had available but it sped up the process. Also while the strut is right next to your fork you can keep test fitting until it just fits. I had to make new indents for the bolt otherwise while tightening it pushed the fork down from the strut. A hammer and screwdriver took about 5 seconds...

Thanks a lot AFAccord!
:peace:

accorey

Reaction score
i know this is an old thread. but seems like cutting the tab methed is easier, more effective, and safer than the drilling the fork method.
But i guess is another way of doing it

SoofapturaHof

Reaction score
DIY "Boat look" Remedy for Accords on Lowering Springs

hey, great job

Glad to see the DIY section is serving its purpose.

Now, I gotta ask though. Did you make this DIY "because" you saw that we had created a section for it? or, did you take the pics with the intention to post it anyway and just saw the DIY section as a good place to do it?

Good jub either way. I am sure the skyline guys would be just fine the fitment you got on there. They have a LOT more gaps with those accord headlights.

Back