kinda totalled my s4

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Glad you are ok. I haven't been in an accident, nor my family so i don't know how my insurance is. But many friends have totalled out cars. Everyone i know has recieved atleast blue book. Many recieved 1-3k above that (depending on how much their car is worth). I assume they give you a bit more because the quicker you get a car, the quicker you'll be paying insurance (with an upped premium) again. It suprised me with my friends truck though. He owed pretty much the value of it and walked away with accouple grand to buy a beater without payments. His truck was worth about 18k though. If your was worth like 4k, i'd doubt you'd get much more. Being that it's an S4 and relatively rare, you may be able to get some money, or atleast try to argue with them if it's below what they realistically sell for. Too bad their resale value is pretty bad though.

Twobit

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
(my wife = 4 cars and her sister = 2)

WHATTTT???? they've totalled that many friggin cars? WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRIVE PERIOD.

My friends car got totalled and they gave him the full KBB value and got an IS300, how did you hit a tree man? That really sux

I think if you hit the tree on a dry night, it'll be tough to get it as "totalled" and get your money back unless your fully covered with collision and what not.

jcanni

Reaction score
PICT0003.jpg

bad picture but it is all i have.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
As everyone else said, that really sucks, but at least you're OK.
As far As I know, most major insurance companies will total a car if the repair is os 60% or more of what the car is worth.
So, if your car is worth $10,000 and the repair cost is $6,000 the car will be totaled

Twobit

Reaction score
front end dmg=tons of money

I rearended someone lightly and had a little ding in the hood and had to replace the front bumper....1200 beans man!

cdubb77

Reaction score
Sad to see the S4 in that condition. Thank God you're o.k. How'd the accident happen? I guess AWD can't prevent everything.

angelplus

Reaction score
Dude... If you didn't see my story, then I'll update you up to speed. I crashed my dads supra, totalling it. Though most of the **** worked out, but if you're at fault you can say bye bye, and you wont get much. My dad got KBB price which isn't much for a prestine condition 94 supra with under 50K on it. I hit a pole at around 60mph and slid into a house. So I feel your pain, just stay strong, and everything will turn out okay.

jcanni

Reaction score
*update*
i got my insurance check yesterday 19k. which is actually very good. i sold some of my mods and i am getting a check from my warranty company. so i should have about 21k when said and done. i am prob going to get another one *nogaro blue*.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
jcanni said:
i am prob going to get another one *nogaro blue*.
Nice, that's what i was going to get instead of my accord, believe it or not. I had some reliability concerns though and figured i'd save money. I just came off a pretty unreliable car so i wanted something very solid. That is the best color on one of my favorite cars. You really can't go wrong with that.

Back