older luxury car with more feature or newer stock econobox?

older luxury car (ie: 2007 328i) or a newer standard econobox (honda, toyota)

• Total voters

samsizzle

Reaction score
idunno i kinda dont want a japanese car anymore, but if the price is RIGHT and it has all the things i'm looking for i wouldnt mind.

hopefully i can get a good deal on a cpo 3 series.. such a sick car imo, love the design.

thanks for the input everyone.

Last edited:

dtraill27

Reaction score
idunno i kinda dont want a japanese car anymore, but if the price is write and it has all the things i'm looking for i wouldnt mind.

"write" right lol

i vote previous gen tsx but i am biased to them lol

samsizzle

Reaction score
Posted Today 04:17 AM
samsizzle

lulz. i was out of it, anyway what the **** is up with the new transformer looking TL and TSX? they murdered the design :eekwtf:

acura-tl-1280-07_opt.jpg

FlipStylie

Reaction score
I think it depends on your objective. If you are going to keep this car for a long long time, and it will be a DD, then I recommend a newer econo car. Easier to maintain, depreciation of a new car evens out the longer you own it, and financing a new car is generally easier then a used one.

If you aren't going to keep the car for too long ( i.e. <5 years) then I would suggests an older luxury. The depreciation rate is better and if you get one with a good certified used warranty, you'll avoid any major mechanical repairs while you own the vehicle, and then off load it before your mileage gets too high and the major maintenance is due.

Just my .002 Good luck with finding a new ride though. Sad to see the 6th gen go.

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
between the two choices, i have to say newer econobox....won't you need something to drive regularly? getting rid of the 6th gen will open up a need for a reliable car that is good on gas....not sure you can satisfy that with the older luxury field....either way, good luck with your decision

(IMO you should keep the 6th gen and get a NEW luxury sports coupe/sedan, my plan ;))

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
(IMO you should keep the 6th gen and get a NEW luxury sports coupe/sedan, my plan ;))

Nice, I hope to drive my Accord til it won't run anymore, and hopefully by that time I have my house/garage. At which point I can swap the tranny, maybe engine, and supercharge the 6G. Then the '08 TL-S will be the DD. Buuuuut a lot can change lol.

Leaning a particular direction OP? Sounds like you're sold on the 3-Series.

Last edited:
Back