Wheel Offset

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
yeah Ive studied up on offset and rim sizing so im set to buy some new rims/tires. i just threw the Motegi FF5's from my 4th gen on for the first time and i didn't like how they look at all. im thinking something more along the lines of a black rim with a machined lip. should look nice, as i like how the machined lip flows with the chrome window trim.

and im right into this because there is little to no support for car tuning where i live, and parts are hard to come by, so i want to make sure i dont **** myself over in the long run. i appreciate all the help guys:beer:

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Even when I had my first set of aftermarket wheels, they were +42 offset and I didn't have half the problems your complaining about. Although, maybe it was too small for me to notice.

yeah, same here. the only thing i noticed was what he said about the dips and pulling each direction....but thats easily solved by holding onto the steering wheel. idk about this turning to center stuff though :eh:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't know if a 4cyl coupe is different, but the stock offset for my V6 coupe was +52.

I agree with everything Greg (BlkCurrant) has said, as I have experienced the same thing. The car always drove fine when I bought it with the stock 16's (16x6.5). Then I put a set of CL-S 17's on (17x7) and I noticed on some roads it would occasionally pull to one side for a moment, and then it would be neutral again (I did get them balanced/aligned). However, it was very slight.

It became more noticeable when I put on my 18's (18x7.5), even after I got them balanced/aligned. Some roads are worse about it than others. But on well paved roads it was fine. What you are experiencing is normal imo, unless it is really bad.

Datsrboi

Reaction score
The bigger the wheel/More contact the more you will notice these out of no where forces on the steering wheel. Its normal. Nothing to be worried about. You do not feel it as much on more luxury cars because they are so heavy they absorb everything. 20s on my friends lexus has almost no affect as the 17s on my accord is giving off. My supra laughs as it and stays on course strong at all time. Stock wheels the tires are so thin and small anyways that the road has no full grip to move it as aftermarket does.

tunedaccord

Reaction score
usually a tire will fallow crack due to being overinflated. how much air are you running them at? run them at 30psi see wat happens

Back