Megan racing springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangerdave

Reaction score
I am also looking at the Megan Racing full coilover shocks for my first accord build. I am also a little concerned about the ride quality. "But" they are the only set that has 30+ settings for ride type for a real good price, that I could find! I have not met anyone in NH that has the megan stuff, and most people I know that have builds are running civics and integras. I have a 3.0 so I am wondering how the extra motor weight will play out with the megan shocks. I would like to see more on this thread, IF any actually has them on their 3.0!!

arise257

Reaction score
What's your price range?

I was looking at Megan coilovers for a bit and almost bought them because they seemed to be a good value for the money. Then more than a few members of this board hipped me to AMR springs and now I'm saving for those since they're basically custom-built per application. They're definitely pricier than Megans (~$850 if I remember correctly), AMRs are closer to a grand, but that extra $150 for a set built exactly to MY specifications seemed much more worth it in the long run.

Consider the reality that suspension is something you should never cheap out on, you won't replace for years and you'll probably adjust as your tastes and driving habits change -- all of a sudden that extra $150-200 doesn't sound like much.

I searched far and wide for reviews on Megan coilovers, but couldn't really find information relevant to 6th Gen Accord applications. Compare this to AMR, TIEN, or K-Sports, which get consistently glowing praise from people who use them on our cars. With that said, I couldn't find negative reviews of Megan coils, but the lack of (relevant) positive reviews gave me pause. With something as important as suspension - I'd rather be safe than sorry.

What I have heard about all of Megan's products is that they're stiff, uncomfortably stiff for some. That's pretty subjective though - you could thoroughly enjoy a stiff ride (no homo).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back