ECU Upgrade/ ECU Chipping

akoutmos

Reaction score
You can go with any standalone ems. Only thing is you gotta adapt your engine harness to the ems' connectors. That and you have to tune the ecu for the motor seeing as you prob wont find a base map from any of the ems vendors. Out of curiosity why are you looking at switching out your ecu?

Drift

Reaction score
i think stand alone would be ur best bet
not to sure though

I think its his one of is only options actually. The only other thing I can think of a a JET chipped ECU. But Ive never had one on the dyno to confirm or deny if it actually does anything.

Crono139

Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of a a JET chipped ECU. But Ive never had one on the dyno to confirm or deny if it actually does anything.

AFAccord, and theaccordian are the only ones that had the JET ECU as far as I know, but they were I4 owners.

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
I personally would not trust JET chips. That's just me though. If you want a little more power do the basic I/H/E. Upgrading your ecu is not the best way to increase power without supporting mods. In fact with out altering the dynamics of the motor a ecu is more or less useless because the stock ecu is more than capable of controlling the stock functions of the motor. By this i mean that if ur not running nitrous, forced induction(turbo or supercharger), or high compression, your money can be better spent else where.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i heard jet chips work well on v6 accords but 4cyl, its hit or miss...

i heard good results from a friend who has one on his 3.2tl.. does nothing but gloat about it...

akoutmos

Reaction score
Those chips are garbage. They just have generic circuits in there that 'trick' various sensors into running under artificial conditions. For example, it'll trip up the map sensor and tell it that its at 90 kpa when it is really at 50kpa, this will in turn add more fuel and pull some ignition timing. In the mean while the engine is running in a condition that it was never meant to and you get the placebo affect.

The only way to tune a car properly is to get a programmable ecu, whether it be crome, hondata, AEM, Motec, etc.

Back