XXR 962 Wheels

seb799

Reaction score
So heres the deal, I saw many times recently the XXR wheels on the forum.
I went on their site and saw their 962 and I could have them for a pretty decent price on ebay.

Did anybody had problems with them?

I just don't know if I should go with a staggered fitment even on a fwd... I already have the tires wich are 225/45r17 :

The wheels are available in 17x7 and 17x9
Would the tire fit or should I find some 17x8
In the same time what do you think of the wheel, I have a black coupe? They are also available in silver

sprt962gld.jpg

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
You could run staggered, but it depends on the look you're going for. With the staggered set up (17x7 Front and 17x9 rear) you'll have a easier time doing full lock turns. But then again, with the 17x7 up front, you'll probably look hella sunk and the rear will be flush. But that is easily fixed with some 15-20mm spacers.

Also, the paint quality on the sportmax wheels aren't the greatest either...

seb799

Reaction score
With the staggered set up (17x7 Front and 17x9 rear) you'll have a easier time doing full lock turns. But then again, with the 17x7 up front, you'll probably look hella sunk and the rear will be flush. But that is easily fixed with some 15-20mm spacers.

Wouldn't I need to roll my fender for that to fit? With the spacers in the front for exemple or even the with 17x9
I'm planning a 2" drop

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Wouldn't I need to roll my fender for that to fit? With the spacers in the front for exemple or even the with 17x9
I'm planning a 2" drop

if you're only dropping 2 inches, I wouldn't go with a 17x9. it would look weird. Go with a 17x7

yo44boichris

Reaction score
get the k sport spring they go about 2.5 and its about $150 but yeah you might wanna get 18x9 with 225 tires you dont wanna get sketched tires then that would look funny

seb799

Reaction score
Go with same size ones so u can rotate tires that's y I went 17x9 all around
Do you have any pics of your car with those on?

get the k sport spring they go about 2.5 and its about $150 but yeah you might wanna get 18x9 with 225 tires you dont wanna get sketched tires then that would look funny

I had de F2 type one or two in mind, it'll depend of my budget... I would get springs only but I would have to change the shocks anyway... I just don't know how it would look with 17x9 all around... I might try it

Back