Is my fuel door missing a rubber insert or something?

Compeek

Reaction score
I have no way to set/hang my gas cap in the fuel door when I'm filling up, and I'm not sure if the door is missing a rubber insert, or if I just have a different gas cap that's missing that little plastic thing for hanging it in the door. It's been like that since I bought the car, and I haven't cared too much, but I'd like to figure this out and buy whatever it is I'm missing so I don't have to keep setting the cap on the ground at gas stations.

Here's what my fuel door looks like:
fuel_door.jpg

Can anybody tell me if I'm missing something?

My gas cap looks OEM, and I don't know whether a stock one has that little thing for hanging it in the door on a 6th gen, so any input would be appreciated. :D

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you put the threads of the cap in the U shaped half circle at the top of the door.

bagoon316

Reaction score
yep, ur missing a piece on that upper curvy part with 2 holes, the threads of the gas cap sit into it.

Compeek

Reaction score
Ryan, that space is way too big for the threads to fit. That's why I figured I must be missing something.

bagoon316, is it a piece of rubber or what? Thanks for the confirmation, though. I figured there had to be something there.

bagoon316

Reaction score
yeah, its a piece of plastic, here i went down stairs at work and snapped a quick pic, i cant find it on hondaautomotiveparts though....

IMG-20110714-00770.jpg

Compeek

Reaction score
Ahhh, okay, that looks familiar now. Our '00 Odyssey has the same thing, but it's not here right now, so I couldn't go look at it.

Thanks for your help! The picture is just what I was looking for.

Now I can go post a WTB thread...

bagoon316

Reaction score
try hitting a local JY if ya have any. I'm sure most the cap stays are the same through the years. I just couldnt find it on hondas website.

Compeek

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks! I never knew what to call it to search for it, so the part number is a tremendous help.

Too bad they want $16 to ship it. :\

Back