Fuel Door Plastic Insert; Wheel Center Caps

Compeek

Reaction score
My car has been missing the plastic insert for the fuel door to hold the gas cap while filling up, so I'd like to buy one off somebody here who might have one laying around from a part-out or something. It's that semicircle piece of plastic that goes near the top. You set the gas cap in it, and the threads hold onto the edge of the plastic insert.

Here's my fuel door currently:
fuel_door.jpg

Here's what it should have (photo courtesy of bagoon316):
fuel_door_insert.jpg

I'm looking to pay no more than $10-12 shipped for the plastic insert, but please tell me what it's worth to you and we can work something out.

Also, the center caps on my wheels (stock five-spoke 15" ones from EX sedan) are looking pretty bad, so I'm interested in buying a set of those (need four of them) for a reasonable price. I don't know if they are hard to come by, but if you have some you're willing to sell, please let me know what price you'd be asking.

To be clear, these are the wheels I have:
wheel.jpg

I am looking for four of these:
wheel_center_cap.jpg

Last edited:

Compeek

Reaction score
I did see it in the other thread, and thanks again for finding it. But for $18 shipped there, I figured I might get a better price from someone here.

I've been meaning to go to a junkyard, so that's not a bad idea, either.

honda_dude

Reaction score
peel everything off ur center cap cause thats wat happen to mine. it had corrosion so i cleaned it up real good, re-painted them a silver/aluminum color, bought the "H" vinyl sticker on a custom made website or ebay i dont remember and clear coated them. still holdin up today and it looks pretty good. I spent no more than $10 bucks on everything.

Compeek

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll just do that, then.

I was going to peel them off anyway, but then I was worried it would look worse if they were blank. Hmm.

bagoon316

Reaction score
I bet instead of shipping, since the part is listed at 5 bux or whatever, you could walk into a dealership and should only pay that amount. They might have to order it, but you'll still only pay the list price.

Compeek

Reaction score
That's a good point. I guess I'll have to call and see if they can order me one or if they have one.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
a dealership will have those for sale because of the need for them at body shops etc.

NotNice

Reaction score
peel everything off ur center cap cause thats wat happen to mine. it had corrosion so i cleaned it up real good, re-painted them a silver/aluminum color, bought the "H" vinyl sticker on a custom made website or ebay i dont remember and clear coated them. still holdin up today and it looks pretty good. I spent no more than $10 bucks on everything.

dude thats like the exact thing im doing right now.

Back