Jaguar Alive Driving Experience 2012

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Went to the event on Sunday the 10th, absolutely amazing event!! The food was top notch and the cars we're magnificent! I took a few pictures and thought I'd share :D

I'll be honest, before this I was decidedly unimpressed with the current cars to say the least!! But after actually getting the hands on time with these vehicles, driving them, I'm fully in love! They're 100% top notch cars in every way!

The front of the building where the "lounge" was, so to speak. Along with some shots of the inside

photo11.jpg

11.jpg

photo444.jpg

photo555.jpg

The first event was the Jaguar XJ Street Drive, I got to drive the 2012 XJ L Supersport. 5.0 L Supercharged V8 @ 510hp and 461 ft-lbs of torque. The power of this thing was incredible!

Here's mine ;)

photo3-2.jpg

222.jpg

444.jpg

photo111.jpg

The interior

photo1-4.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo222.jpg

Here's the line of XJ's about to pull out of the lot

555.jpg

Next we got to take the XKR-S for pulls down a small-ish drag strip type deal. The idea was to feel the 0-60 but you could get the car up a bit faster than that if you could get it to hook up off the line. With 550hp and 502 ft-lbs of torque, this thing is a rocket!

A couple of XKR-S's in the lounge area

13.jpg

photo33.jpg

photo22.jpg

Here's where we did the 0-60 run

14.jpg

We also got to take the XKR, XFR, and XJ L out on a simulated road test to feel how they handled things like speed bumps, railroad tracks, road debris, and so on. The XF and XJ were extremely composed over all the "obstacles". I didn't really get a picture of this except for a far away shot. This was a very low speed section.

15.jpg

Here's some of the great food, just had to take a picture of it :p

photo333.jpg

12.jpg

All in all it was an amazing experience and I had a blast! So much so that I bargained my way into doing the XJ Road Drive a second time :p. I wish I had a real camera for this but all I had was my 4S, sorry if the pictures are not exceptional.

Last edited:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Looks like that was fun. I love that blue XKR-S.

Was this an invite only type event or what?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I want an XF-R so damn bad. Jag is making amazing cars nowadays, they're back to being sweet.

Awesome event, thanks for sharing.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it's funny how jaguars got a whole lot better when it left the hands of americans :jae:

new lineup looks much better... and tht looks like a VIP baller event... how did u manage to get in..? :poke:

jk :wub:

Back