98-00 Tail Lights

Celidor

Reaction score
So I was looking at 3rd party tail lights for my 98 Sedan but almost all of them seem like they replace the amber turn signal with red. But I am not really certain as I can find little to no pictures of any installed on a car, or lit up.
I am interested in some of the designs but I really don't want to lose my amber turning signals/hazard lights as I think they are better than red in a ton of ways. Mostly because red turn signals look like blinking brake lights.

I didn't see any threads on the subject so hopefully it didn't just slip by my notice. Any help would be appreciated from someone with some experience that could answer my questions.

I was looking at some lights here:
http://www.octanemotorsports.com/Ho...l-Lights-Fog-Lights/c2_82_987_1981/index.html

I notice it says on a lot of the tail lights that bulbs are not included. Where would you get the right bulbs? Would they be standard bulbs? If it uses LEDs shouldn't the bulbs be included?

I really have done nothing like this before.

Sunoveabesh

Reaction score
I had a set of those on my ride awhile back and thought they looked to cheap after a SHORT amount of time so I ended up just tinting my OEM tail lights and never looked back...I still use them those to pass inspections lol but that's it. Not worth it, stay with your stock lights...if you just have to do it tho, stock bulds work most of the time and look at a picture of my car when I had them on my user page albums.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
House party tail lights :rock:!

OP, just get the red/clears lights as suggested and get some chrome coated amber bulbs, so they light amber, but look like they're not even there.

Celidor

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you could easily put amber turn signals into the Altezza style rear lights for the Sedan???
And then if you did it then would it be less bright because of the red lenses?
If I actually had one in front of me I could figure it out but I have only found them online not in any stores.

Last edited:
Back