Accordman722's F23a1 Turbo build

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Yeah unless your planning on going over 350-370whp your good with this intercooler....

Ilovemy6thgen - Where did you get it? i've been looking for one....

Accordman722

Reaction score
For now that intercooler may work. I was planning on getting a 450hp hbx

hotaccord243

Reaction score
For now that intercooler may work. I was planning on getting a 450hp hbx

Not pushing mine at all, Just out of curiosity

Any specific reason why a 450hp FMIC? it must be a killer deal?

The reason why I ask, is that our front bumpers and bumper guard frame will have to take some modification to try to fit some of the FMIC out there. The 350hp was a tight fit as it was, and even hung down below the bumper at 26 3/4"L X 6 1/4"H X 3 1/2"D and it seems any larger you get into cutting the bumper guard frame back and a lot more work just to fit it in...

*EDIT - The other thing that I thought about, just as akoutmos beat me to it, is there isn't any benefits to a larger intercooler unless you plan on going over 350whp, then there is. (Again, not trying to push selling mine at all) but one of the smaller intercoolers will make for a easier install, and be more than enough for the power that you will have from a turbo on a stock f23 motor (unless you plan on building the f23 then it's a completely different story)...

V well said akoutmos.

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
^ It is a tight fit indeed. Going over the top on an intercooler isn't going to gain you much. The intercooler that devin has is prob more than enough for your power levels. For this level of build i would prob go with the cheaper one...which ever that may be. That and i would def go Precision over hbx. Never even heard of them before lol

Accordman722

Reaction score
Not pushing mine at all, Just out of curiosity

Any specific reason why a 450hp FMIC? it must be a killer deal?

The reason why I ask, is that our front bumpers and bumper guard frame will have to take some modification to try to fit some of the FMIC out there. The 350hp was a tight fit as it was, and even hung down below the bumper at 26 3/4"L X 6 1/4"H X 3 1/2"D and it seems any larger you get into cutting the bumper guard frame back and a lot more work just to fit it in...

*EDIT - The other thing that I thought about, just as akoutmos beat me to it, is there isn't any benefits to a larger intercooler unless you plan on going over 350whp, then there is. (Again, not trying to push selling mine at all) but one of the smaller intercoolers will make for a easier install, and be more than enough for the power that you will have from a turbo on a stock f23 motor (unless you plan on building the f23 then it's a completely different story)...

V well said akoutmos.

Yeah I am planning on building it. And it's just so hard to pass up a great deal and go ahead and get it now so I don't had to buy 2 intercoolers. But I am still interested in yours. How much are you wanting?

Accordman722

Reaction score
^ It is a tight fit indeed. Going over the top on an intercooler isn't going to gain you much. The intercooler that devin has is prob more than enough for your power levels. For this level of build i would prob go with the cheaper one...which ever that may be. That and i would def go Precision over hbx. Never even heard of them before lol

Hbx are great intercoolers lol

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Yeah I am planning on building it. And it's just so hard to pass up a great deal and go ahead and get it now so I don't had to buy 2 intercoolers. But I am still interested in yours. How much are you wanting?

Link to FS thread: Clicky

If it's a great deal then go for it by all means! What all are you planning on doing to the motor/fuel system/tuning?

Accordman722

Reaction score
Link to FS thread: Clicky

If it's a great deal then go for it by all means! What all are you planning on doing to the motor/fuel system/tuning?

ok , cool thanks! for now just arp head studs... im doing a full build hopefully next spring or this winter. dsm injectors,aem fuel rail and presure regulator.. tuning on a p28 or p75 ecu on ectune for now

Back