Accordman722's F23a1 Turbo build

hotaccord243

Reaction score
I would go with a more name brand intercooler, no use risking off-brand intercooler cores having leaks for saving ~$100, when you go turbo get good parts.

From the sounds of it, the engine will most likely not be able to handle over 350whp so there would be no need to get a bigger intercooler either....

Just my $.02

Accordman722

Reaction score
I would go with a more name brand intercooler, no use risking off-brand intercooler cores having leaks for saving ~$100, when you go turbo get good parts.

From the sounds of it, the engine will most likely not be able to handle over 350whp so there would be no need to get a bigger intercooler either....

Just my $.02

The hbx intercooler is 450$.... I don't know this , but how much hp can an f23 handle? Fully built good tune. 600? Is it possible.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Being proud owner of MANY popped F23's, going above 400 is no bueno unless you triple quad check your specs on everything like Jason (AFAccord is.
There are quite a few build on here so i would suggest you read through every single thread.
Also, if funds are a concern, i would go H22 over F23 not just because you would make more power but a LOTTTTTTTTTTT of work has been done on H22/H23 compared to the F so the success rate is far better.

My opinions and good luck on the build.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Are you planning on sleeving, pistons, rods, and the whole works to the motor? At a minimum this is going to be needed....

It is possible to hit the 600 mark. BUT, There are going to be problems with:
- air flow from the head is going to be huge factor being it is SOHC
- the intake manifold will need be custom done or modified greatly
- The fuel system will have to be completely reworked to get there (talking lines, HUGE injectors like 1600 or over 2000cc injectors and probably several pumps whether you go with a in tank or fuel cell style)
- The turbo will have to be set up for it
- Your going to need the exhaust and intercooler piping to handle that pressure.

That's basically a start of things that will Help get there, but it's a sh** ton of money to get there. Trust me, and i'm almost to over 400 and know how to get there too....

Accordman722

Reaction score
Are you planning on sleeving, pistons, rods, and the whole works to the motor? At a minimum this is going to be needed....

It is possible to hit the 600 mark. BUT, There are going to be problems with:
- air flow from the head is going to be huge factor being it is SOHC
- the intake manifold will need be custom done or modified greatly
- The fuel system will have to be completely reworked to get there (talking lines, HUGE injectors like 1600 or over 2000cc injectors and probably several pumps whether you go with a in tank or fuel cell style)
- The turbo will have to be set up for it
- Your going to need the exhaust and intercooler piping to handle that pressure.

That's basically a start of things that will Help get there, but it's a sh** ton of money to get there. Trust me, and i'm almost to over 400 and know how to get there too....

I knew there's a lot to it. I just was wondering if anyone has reached higher hp than 350 or 400 like everyone else

Accordman722

Reaction score
Yeah you're right haha a lot of power for sure. My buddy's em1 is 800whp so in trying to come close ;) lol

Back