car steering left when slowing down + MTF + fwy/hwy noise

001Stunna

Reaction score
Ahh ok. Thanks guys. I plan doing this on tuesday as this is my next day off. I'll keep you guys updated regarding the brakes and the vibration

Btw, is it better to buy a used or a new caliper? What's the price dif and also is there a brand i should look for other than oem?

Buy one of rockauto, along with any other parts you need to change in a couple of months.

Jimsun

Reaction score
You mean buy the calipers at rockauto? Also what would i need in a couple months? Im a little of a noob here ):

001Stunna

Reaction score
You mean buy the calipers at rockauto? Also what would i need in a couple months? Im a little of a noob here ):

Yeah, they'll probably cost you less then any local place in here will sell them for even after shipping and taxes.

I meant as in, if you have to/are doing any other maintenance then buy everything together and hence save more in the long run.

ie. if u need to do brakes(pads/rotors/drums/shoes)...any hoses (radiator upper/lower...heater core inlet/outlet)...any belts (power steering/a.c belt)...etc

Jimsun

Reaction score
Ahh I see. I have a question
I'm looking to get wheel hub for the front. There's these hubs
DORMAN Part # 930452
Front Left
Front Righ
Does that mean both will come with it?
Also, what brands should i look out for and what i should avoid

All i know is ACDelco and Raybestos

edit
Also, I'm looking for that bracket that's located in the resonator. The same bracket that you're suppose to invert to bolt in the CAI. I can't seem to find it in rockauto or majestichonda :(

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
For the front you will need to order the bearing and the hub...not many mechanics can press the old bearing out without damaging it sometimes.

On RA it says front left/front right...meaning you can use that for either one. It doesnt mean you get one for both sides.

IE. You'd order
DORMAN Part # 930452 x2 Hub
NATIONAL Part # 510050 x2 Bearing
DORMAN Part # 615110 x2 Spindle Nut
Add in shipping and etc...works out to ~$160 to your door

Not sure what bracket you're talking about...

Ahh I see. I have a question
I'm looking to get wheel hub for the front. There's these h1ubs

Does that mean both will come with it?
Also, what brands should i look out for and what i should avoid

All i know is ACDelco and Raybestos

edit
Also, I'm looking for that bracket that's located in the resonator. The same bracket that you're suppose to invert to bolt in the CAI. I can't seem to find it in rockauto or majestichonda :(

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
pull both calipers off and see if they compress and if the slides move freely. if so grease it all up and put it back together and check those hoses to make sure one isn't collapsed. if anything is siezed replace the stock caliper with either a new or a remand one, I prefer napa parts over vato zone and advance but anything with a warrenty will do all depends on your preference.

The vibration over 70 sounds like a tire issue but can also be alignment like some have suggested or it could be a bearing since your talking about needing to replace a front bearing. you can get just the bearing from napa for less then $20 any reputable shop with a press will be able to install a bearing without damaging the hub, I've done it plenty of times and I've only been a tech for about year so if they can't do it thats not saying much for their ability to work on cars. Also if you mechanically inclined at all you can pull the brakes axle and upper and lower ball joint and take the front spindle to a shop. On the car labor for a bearing on our cars is like 2.2 hours or something where as if they just gotta press out the old bearing and press in the new one they shouldn't charge more then an hour so that will save you $80-$110 depending on what the labor rate is for your area.

as for the trans fluid issue you wouldn't know if the trans was low on fluid. I've got a pretty hefty axle seal leak that leaks about a 1 1/2qts between oil changes. I pu almost 2 qts in it last time i had it on the lift and I didn't hear any difference in trans noise before and after. if you filled it till it leaked out the fil hole and you have no other leaks in the trans then its fine.

why are you changing the plugs if you just changed them? If you definitely wanna change them wait till the seafom has worked its way through and put ngk v-power plugs in. If they're good enough for my boosted f23 then your stock f23 will run fine with them. plus they're less then $10 for all 4.

if you need any other help feel free to ask. :thumbsup:

Back