Timing Belt Prices

Jevik

Reaction score
Kit should come with a balance shaft belt, timing belt, and a water pump. Gates has the kit for around $75 on lightning motorsports web site.

Based on research I've done the balance shaft delete is good for about 8hp gain.

If you plan to do it yourself just line up your factory marks and you're golden. You will need an impact drill and an oxy torch/PB blaster if your crank pulley bolt is stuck..

Simkid5614

Reaction score
If you're lazy, honda Quoted me 700-750 for The whole job with plugs and wires. I'm strongly leaning towards trying to find a garage.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I searched and couldnt find the answer I was looking for. For any of you that have had your timing belt and water pump replaced. Original owner of mine had his replaced at 90k I believe, and I just rolled over to 180k, and it getting close. Just wondering how difficult it would be to do yourself with a kit or what it would run with a mechanic. Just wondering

Thanks

I did it myself about a week ago, went to a DIY shop and rented a bay. Total cost was around $600 thats including: Water pump, all 3 belts, tensioner, misc seals and lift bay rental.

Took me about 8 hours to do, I went pretty slow doing it I was not in a rush. If you have a question about it let me know or PM me!

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
My trusted mechanic (a former F1 mechanic) convinced me getting a Honda genuine parts for timing belts. He said that there are so many different kinds out there, but nothing can meet / exceed its quality & durability, when it comes to belts.

1+ very very true. Honda parts and belts!

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Search for aisin timing belt kit on rockauto...they are oem. Also, Ericthecarguy has a DIY video for $10. Good Luck

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I'm using the Gates Racing kit for my car. I had all honda oem on my J35 and for my 36 i decided to switch to gates. no problems at all and it looks a little nicer with the blue belt (if the cover is off) and shinier water pump haha. I would trust Gates just as much as honda.

Wid

Reaction score
Search for aisin timing belt kit on rockauto...they are oem. Also, Ericthecarguy has a DIY video for $10. Good Luck

I have the aisin kit installed and the quality is great.

aisin pump
mitsuboshi balance and timing belts
OEM tensioner springs
koyo bearings

got it off ebay

001Stunna

Reaction score
hondapartscheap.com or oemacuraparts.com
Price shop and see which one has the lowest prices for you. Get the OEM parts. The first time around I used an aftermarket pump and OE belt and i regretted it. Second time around went with all OEM and been happy since.

Labor wise you're looking at 2.5-3 hours going by the book rate. So depending on the hourly rate of the shop you chose, that should give you an idea of how much labor cost will be.

Back