Wheel Fitment Thread

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Good call, that would make more sense. Pulling those specs off on her 6GA would render the swap less useful, which would be a shame.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah. Typical Honda and its high offsets. The 9GA sport models would have looked so much cooler if those wheels had even just a little depth to them.

Acura makes it easy for you.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
@Judy, that is for the TL, I assume?

You could get away with a more aggressive offset, so that should actually be fine.

^How big is your drop? Fender to ground measurements help too.

Lol!
I'm actually asking for the 6thgen =s...

What wheel set up can I do? I think I'm at a half finger gap right now with 225s i believe.

I wanted to put 18s on the 6ga again but this time i want to do it properly lol, before i just slapped the works on and called it a day..lol

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
18 8.5 and 18 9.5 with a 25 offset is very doable on a coupe.

I'd say go 18 9.5, run a little camber and a little stretch / fender work.

Here's a link to Sleepcells Gram light setup which is a 18 9.5 +12 offset. So if you went with your +25 offset you would still have a nice wheel and tire setup that will fill up the wheel wells.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45017

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Judy just don't run too much camber and tire stretch and what not and decrease the performance capabilities of your car. Increasing the width of the front is good with them being the drive wheels, and the less stretching you have to do, the better since you want to keep your contact patch as large as possible. You don't really need more than 8.5" or 9" in the rear.

rayfinkle5

Reaction score
^Those rims came with 215/50/17 tires from the factory, which is the size you would want to keep your speedo/odo readings accurate. At that ride height you are fine, these are only 1/2" wider than your factory wheels, which were 16x6. You won't come close to hitting the fender.

No reason not to run them, other than that they are on the narrower side. But they do look great. If you want a slightly wider wheel, the CL-S wheel of that same generation are 17x7, and very similar in style, albeit a little more concave. I ran a set for awhile and loved them.

Based on the picture I provided do you think I will need coils for this low of a stance or will springs and struts suffice? If I can attain this height on either set-up what would be the pros and cons of both? I really don't think I would do much adjusting (if any) so the ride quality is probably the most important thing to me.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Judy just don't run too much camber and tire stretch and what not and decrease the performance capabilities of your car. Increasing the width of the front is good with them being the drive wheels, and the less stretching you have to do, the better since you want to keep your contact patch as large as possible. You don't really need more than 8.5" or 9" in the rear.

I think Eric(changaroo) was running about a +23 to +25 setup with the Saleen wheels, which were 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the rear.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
18 8.5 and 18 9.5 with a 25 offset is very doable on a coupe.

I'd say go 18 9.5, run a little camber and a little stretch / fender work.

Here's a link to Sleepcells Gram light setup which is a 18 9.5 +12 offset. So if you went with your +25 offset you would still have a nice wheel and tire setup that will fill up the wheel wells.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45017
Awesome!!! Thanks!!

Yeah, I wan't gonna push it with the camber and stretch - just so it looks good and makes sense LOl =p

I think Eric(changaroo) was running about a +23 to +25 setup with the Saleen wheels, which were 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the rear.

Thansk Derek, I'll check out is member's ride thread =)

Back