Post pics of your shift boot.

Bax

Reaction score
I've read on here about other people having the same problems. Maybe it's the heat and humidity down here. idk. either way it's a lot better with this paint, at least in my case lol.

...shame on you though. thinking I was talking about some blue interior rice **** hahaha

kn0x47

Reaction score
mines really sticky too. didnt happen to after i moved to AL but i have a theory that its caused from those armorall wipes.

my shift boot is black italian leather with red stitching out of a del sol

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i just need to buy a big bottle of crown royal. apparently a 750ml bottle bag isnt big enough :lawl:

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
No automatics allowed :lawl:

whaaaaa! what about us TL/CL shifter swapped autos?

DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0857.jpg

Is yours kinda sticky too?
I thought something was wrong with my old cg but this one was the same way. Like hair and fuz and **** would get stuck to it.

im so glad you brought this up!!! the little cubby hole beneath the head unit, mine was super sticky! i had no idea why bc i never spill anything or leave anything wet down there, only receipts and paper, maybe sunglasses..
any way, i took it out the other day and cleaned it with this stuff called Krud Kutter and a sponge, took WAY longer than i had expected it to take but its smooth and tack free now.
I live in FL so maybe it is the hot humid weather doing it. not sure.

Bax

Reaction score
whaaaaa! what about us TL/CL shifter swapped autos?
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k522/thatklazzickid/DSC_0856.jpg
[IMG]http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k522/thatklazzickid/DSC_0857.jpg

im so glad you brought this up!!! the little cubby hole beneath the head unit, mine was super sticky! i had no idea why bc i never spill anything or leave anything wet down there, only receipts and paper, maybe sunglasses..
any way, i took it out the other day and cleaned it with this stuff called Krud Kutter and a sponge, took WAY longer than i had expected it to take but its smooth and tack free now.
I live in FL so maybe it is the hot humid weather doing it. not sure.[/QUOTE]
I usually hate "manual lookalike swaps" but yours looks nice. what shift boot is that?

and yeah it pissed me off so bad, on both cars. ****ing receipts and little things would get stuck there. I got my dad to dye it at his work with my old cg, but with the new one i wanted to try duplicolor "fabric and vinyl" paint in flat black, its almost identical to the body shop dye. It's held up VERY well over the year, i wouldn't be surprised if it lasted the life of the piece to be honest. But if not, one respray every like 2 years isn't a bad deal. haha

You should try the paint. Aside from fixing the stickiness, it also looks better in my opinion. It is a little darker than the oem plastic there, so it makes you feel like it's newer. It has a nice texture to it, too. If i had to get another 6thgen that would be the first thing I did. lol

Back