SRS light came on last night

themachine

Reaction score
Do we have some type of sensor behind the front bumper that could've triggered the srs warning light? Just want to make sure if this is related to the hit or not.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I had the same issue a while back. I just cleared the SRS light and it never came back on, I think it was a fluke thing. Maybe the seatbelt issue, but I was told that it would be $120 an hour and free if it was the seatbelt.
Just take it somewhere where they can clear it and hopefully youll be set

619rcr

Reaction score
Thanks man, so per example, 3 long flashes, would be first digit 3 and 5 short ones will be second 5, so 3.5?
I think i've got my haynes manual somewhere, i just need to find it too. Im doing this next week but i will also check another dealer and see what they say.

Code would be 35. There is an impact sensor behind the front & rear bumpers. There should be a yellow harness going to the sensor (small box). But you shouldn't really mess with it unless you follow all the safety precautions. Per the haynes manual. 'Disconnect the battery neg, then positive & wait for three minutes.' This allows the backup power supply to deplete. I would never replace an impact sensor myself, only an airbag. If you have insurance you prob should just report the accident, if the warranty won't cover it.

themachine

Reaction score
Code would be 35. There is an impact sensor behind the front & rear bumpers. There should be a yellow harness going to the sensor (small box). But you shouldn't really mess with it unless you follow all the safety precautions. Per the haynes manual. 'Disconnect the battery neg, then positive & wait for three minutes.' This allows the backup power supply to deplete. I would never replace an impact sensor myself, only an airbag. If you have insurance you prob should just report the accident, if the warranty won't cover it.

I will try to disconnect the battery, if that doesn't work and if my mechanic can't retrieve the codes, i'll report it..i took pictures and everything. Thanks again

themachine

Reaction score
Tried the battery thing, didn't work. Not gonna mess with sensors, can't even locate them.
Next is mechanic then insurance

Back