Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My abs light was on, dealership told me it was the rear passenger side. I DIY'd, check the pics above...

4door accord02

Reaction score
Those are great pix for anyone who wants to do this.. But what i want to do is diagnose myself to see which sensor it is without taking over to dealer

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Not sure how they knew which one...either way it was free so I'd just let them do it.

sayjaibao54

Reaction score
I work at a dealer and there is a computer with Honda Diag software that we use to retrieve codes (DTCs) from check engine lights, ABS lights, SRS lights etc. Each component has a different DTC and from there, you can go on Honda's website (not the customer www.honda.com but one for techs) and punch in the model/year/DTC and it'll spit out diagnostics, service bulletins, recalls etc

If you are a DIY, you might be able to pick one up from snapon, matco or a tool retailer that will read multiple forms of DTCs instead of just check engine lights

001Stunna

Reaction score
I work at a dealer and there is a computer with Honda Diag software that we use to retrieve codes (DTCs) from check engine lights, ABS lights, SRS lights etc. Each component has a different DTC and from there, you can go on Honda's website (not the customer www.honda.com but one for techs) and punch in the model/year/DTC and it'll spit out diagnostics, service bulletins, recalls etc

If you are a DIY, you might be able to pick one up from snapon, matco or a tool retailer that will read multiple forms of DTCs instead of just check engine lights

The Honda HDS would be nice to have as a consumer but god damn hard and expensive to get your hands on.

The Autel JP701/MD801/MD802 can be had for a fair price and can do CEL/ABS/Tranny/SRS Codes. The latter ones also being bi-directional and able to turn on/off test sensors and switches.

Back