Retrofit Club

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yes, but he requested something good in stock/unmodded form.

TSX projectors unmodded > FX projectors unmodded

this is true if your just talking about maybe the color in the cutoff...but when it comes to output, sharpness of the cutoff, etc etc..FX is still better....being bixenon gives it a huge boost...but that is if you get the FX with the clear lens...not the frosted one...frosted one has little sharpness to it unless u swap the lense

Last edited:

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
Yes, but he requested something good in stock/unmodded form.

TSX projectors unmodded > FX projectors unmodded

Get over your interest in the e55s. Take a look at their output first before falling in love with their prices. Those are ridiculous prices for the TSXs and FXs, where are you looking? Try eBay, HIDPlanet, etc...and if you can't find any better prices, let me know. If you do choose the FX projectors, I have a set that I'll sell for much cheaper than the prices you're finding them for. Good luck...

I'm looking at TheRetroFitSource. I tried ebay and HIDPlanet. Ebay scares me because people will sell stuff, show pictures, and then you read the fine print and it is for the projector without the lens, etc. I also don't want ones that have already been hacked up beyond use, etc. HIDPlanet only has bi-xenon A6's and porsche projectors. The A6 is way up at the top of what I could afford... the porsche is way beyond.

I'm over the E55's, trust me... ;) But the price is attractive.

Depending on what you'd want for the FX's, I could afford some nice new lenses... I'd probably be down with that (unless the TX's unmodded are way better quality or the bi-xenons are a bitch to fit it the housing). I'll search around but PM if you have a price in mind.

Ok, maybe the cutoff thread wasn't enough to steer him away from that mistake, but maybe this collection from Lightwerkz will work lol
Click again

I'm honestly a little confused with benefit of cutoff (glare I assume) and colors... The only experience I have with projectors thus far is driving my dad's A6. I know that is a noob statement, but this is just new ground for me :)

Judging from that site, I definitely see what you mean about the crappy cutoff of the FX's with stock lenses.

this is true if your just talking about maybe the color in the cutoff...but when it comes to output, sharpness of the cutoff, etc etc..FX is still better....being bixenon gives it a huge boost...but that is if you get the FX with the clear lens...not the frosted one...frosted one has little sharpness to it unless u swap the lense

Gotcha! :thumbup: Thanks everyone.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I'm looking at TheRetroFitSource. I tried ebay and HIDPlanet. Ebay scares me because people will sell stuff, show pictures, and then you read the fine print and it is for the projector without the lens, etc. I also don't want ones that have already been hacked up beyond use, etc. HIDPlanet only has bi-xenon A6's and porsche projectors. The A6 is way up at the top of what I could afford... the porsche is way beyond.

I'm over the E55's, trust me... ;) But the price is attractive.

Depending on what you'd want for the FX's, I could afford some nice new lenses... I'd probably be down with that (unless the TX's unmodded are way better quality or the bi-xenons are a bitch to fit it the housing). I'll search around but PM if you have a price in mind.

Okay, I PMed you. If you can find TSX lenses for a decent price, then you should be able to afford the TFX (FX projector with TSX lenses) setup for the same price you're finding the regular TSX and FX projectors, perhaps even less if you get lucky. TFX setup is excellent, as shown here on post #4: http://high-intensity.org/forums/showthread.php?t=542

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Well for one thing, projectors actually don't produce glare. Try Custom Lightz, they sell a lot more than just 2 projectors, plus they have some tutorials (like how to do the lens swap)

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
Okay, I PMed you. If you can find TSX lenses for a decent price, then you should be able to afford the TFX (FX projector with TSX lenses) setup for the same price you're finding the regular TSX and FX projectors, perhaps even less if you get lucky. TFX setup is excellent, as shown here on post #4: http://high-intensity.org/forums/showthread.php?t=542

Great got it and responded. Thanks. I really like the look of the TFX setup. The trimming of the projector for the lens swap they show scares me a little, but I'll try anything once :)

Well for one thing, projectors actually don't produce glare. Try Custom Lightz, they sell a lot more than just 2 projectors, plus they have some tutorials (like how to do the lens swap)

OK, gonna check out their site now. Thanks a bunch.

C_S_L

Reaction score
I would like to join please? That would make me #20 on the list correct? I have TSX projector w/clear lens, E46 replica bezel, Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs retrofitted into my blackhouse w/ yellow tinted hi-beam. Pictures will be posted soon. But as you can see in my signature banner thats what it looks like at night.

frontshot.jpg

DSC07225.jpg

DSC07222.jpg

Last edited:

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
tsx projectors, 1 mercedes ballast/1 o-nex ballast, philips d2s
P241008_222001.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4940.jpg

IMG_4943.jpg

car is about 30ft away.
not the best but way better than stock lol

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I would like to join please? That would make me #20 on the list correct? I have TSX projector w/clear lens, E46 replica bezel, Philips 85122+ D2S bulbs retrofitted into my blackhouse w/ yellow tinted hi-beam. Pictures will be posted soon. But as you can see in my signature banner thats what it looks like at night.

frontshot.jpg

DSC07225.jpg

DSC07222.jpg

Damn. That is one clean retrofit.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would like to join please? That would make me #20 on the list correct?

Unless you have a personal list and 19 friends that did retros before you! :lawl:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2258&page=24 - thread post #235:

angelplus 001
dreman 002
du3ce 003
ryon527 004
hush 005
theaccordian 006
00accord4cyl 007
accordj30guy 008
dinzdale40 009
natzimus 010
hiperb0y 011
drey 012
nexTOme 013
pyaarawala 014
rman402 015
monkeyv6 016
Tek_Rice 017
Zero-Defect 018
bdeitemeyer 019
Ashzero 020
Turbocayenne 021
Damage2000 022

C_S_L

Reaction score
Damn. That is one clean retrofit.

Thanks. Took me awhile to make it fit and align it. Overall it was my best work EVER! for my first retrofit. I think I will do another in the near future.

SykVSyx - Opps sorry, didnt see that members post. I was just looking at first post thought it was updated. Anyhoo add me to 23??

Back