Silly Summer Suspension Stuff

akoutmos

Reaction score
Besides my battery relocation cage that i made (check out the DIY section for that), i also revamped the whole suspension on the accord. This included:
Eibach front sway bar
Progress TL rear sway bar
Moog endlinks all around
AMR Engineering Coilovers 10K/8K

Here are some pics from the installs.

Whats left of the stock endlinks...may you rest in peace:
DSCF0851.JPG

Old front bar compared to the new front bar:
DSCF0852.JPG

Front bar installed:
DSCF0861.JPG

Rear bar installed:
DSCF0862.JPG

DSCF0864.JPG

Moog endlinks with stock strut and spring assembly:
DSCF0866.JPG

AMR Coilovers:
DSCF0875.JPG

DSCF0881.JPG

AMR front coilover installed:
DSCF0893.JPG

End result drop:
DSCF0911.JPG

Some pics of the car:
IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

All in all the suspension is finally up to my standard. The car handles absolutely amazing. Can take corners super hard and fast without tire squeal and loss of control. One of the best suspension setups i've ever riden driven/been in of any car, no lie. Could have gotten stiffer springs but for the roads here in CT and NY it would have been a bad idea. Same with the drop, could have been lower, but bottoming out would have been an issue. Super happy with the mods. The only annoying parts of the install were the progess bar not being able to clear the exhaust hanger, even after cutting it to the point were it was the width of the rubber doughnut(had to cut the whole hanger off). And the AMR rear coilovers being super girthy and making contact with the rear endlinks. That one was solved by placing washers between the hub bracket and the endlink, to push it back and clear the lower part of the coilover. Besides those two things, solid suspension setup.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice work, always nice to see things coming together for people with minimal issues.

Please keep us posted about the AMR's. Have you noticed any of the 'noise' people have been posting about in the rear with the coilovers?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Now that's what I call a suspension overhaul. Looks good, nice work. If you just had stock suspension on the car before this, you must feel a world of difference. btw what does having the thicker front sway do for the handling? I have the '07 TL-S MT RSB on my car, and never changed the front.

And I gotta ask, what is that rear wing? Don't think I've seen it before.

akoutmos

Reaction score
Nice work, always nice to see things coming together for people with minimal issues.

Please keep us posted about the AMR's. Have you noticed any of the 'noise' people have been posting about in the rear with the coilovers?

I have not noticed any noise related to the rear coilovers. Is it possible that people are rubbing their endlinks and coilovers together and don't realize it? Besides that they run great without any problems.

Now that's what I call a suspension overhaul. Looks good, nice work. If you just had stock suspension on the car before this, you must feel a world of difference. btw what does having the thicker front sway do for the handling? I have the '07 TL-S MT RSB on my car, and never changed the front.

And I gotta ask, what is that rear wing? Don't think I've seen it before.

The rear wing is a mugen accord type r replica. Was lookin for the real mugen one, but it is super rare. They also used it on the civics. Its called the ferio wing. As for the front sway bar, in combination with the rear bar it really helped turn understeer to a minimum. Really makes the car super nimble and turn really hard and true.

nice nice! time for some new wheels

Next summer the accord is gonna get a major overhaul, which includes wheels that aren't eaten to hell cuz of winter and brake dust.

And please update that 4x4 sig lol

LOL i plan on it. Just gotta find a nice place for a photoshoot. Gotta do it right or not at all :p

Last edited:

xJx

Reaction score
Love the drop! Looks like things are coming along well!

Back