P0170 & P0171 Codes

001Stunna

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I didn't want to start a new one.

I'm still having this problem with my car. Both codes have been giving me fits. P0171 and P0170. I've replaced evap canister, gas cap, Cat... I think that was related to a p0148. Don't quote me on that though. Egr valve and cleaned out EGR port. The only thing I haven't replaced was the 02 sensor. I may attempt to try that or what mnorton has done.

If anybody has had any success with these codes. I would be happy to hear what some of the solutions are. I've been having this problem for years. Since 09. At this point I'm past desperate and a little stubborn since I don't want to go the stealership. Any help would be appreciated.

Why did you replace all of that when none of them have any major effect in fuel trim or o2 sensor voltages. I had the same issue with mine awhile ago...changed o2 sensor after finding out it was oscilating as it should anymore(i'd say use denso first time fit or oem), changed the vacuum lines routing, changed, changed fpr.

jwong512

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I didn't want to start a new one.

I'm still having this problem with my car. Both codes have been giving me fits. P0171 and P0170. I've replaced evap canister, gas cap, Cat... I think that was related to a p0148. Don't quote me on that though. Egr valve and cleaned out EGR port. The only thing I haven't replaced was the 02 sensor. I may attempt to try that or what mnorton has done.

If anybody has had any success with these codes. I would be happy to hear what some of the solutions are. I've been having this problem for years. Since 09. At this point I'm past desperate and a little stubborn since I don't want to go the stealership. Any help would be appreciated.

I would just replace your O2 sensor as my car was running too lean as well and was throwing codes. It would stall out on start up and idle would fluctuate like crazy at stops. I picked up a used one on the FS section and it fixed my problem. If your a F23A1, then you can get away with an autozone Denso one. If your a F23A4, you will have to buy a wideband O2 sensor off the Honda dealership or used ones on the forum, otherwise you'll throw codes like crazy and that won't solve the problem.

AccordSeats4

Reaction score
Why did you replace all of that when none of them have any major effect in fuel trim or o2 sensor voltages. I had the same issue with mine awhile ago...changed o2 sensor after finding out it was oscilating as it should anymore(i'd say use denso first time fit or oem), changed the vacuum lines routing, changed, changed fpr.

I originally had this problem a few years back. Prior to 09. I changed the evap, gas cap and 02 sensor. Since I replaced all three. I didn't really have a fix on what part actually fixed the codes. Trust me. Throwing parts in hopes of fixing the issue is not the way to go especially when finances are an issue but I received some ill information from a so called mechanics. You live and you learn.

I had also checked the o2 sensor readings (can't remember the actual numbers) but at the the time. They were all normal so I didn't think the 02's were the problem.

AccordSeats4

Reaction score
I would just replace your O2 sensor as my car was running too lean as well and was throwing codes. It would stall out on start up and idle would fluctuate like crazy at stops. I picked up a used one on the FS section and it fixed my problem. If your a F23A1, then you can get away with an autozone Denso one. If your a F23A4, you will have to buy a wideband O2 sensor off the Honda dealership or used ones on the forum, otherwise you'll throw codes like crazy and that won't solve the problem.

Well looks like this is the way I'm going to go. I'll throw on the o2 sensor tomorrow. If it doesn't work. I'll report back in a couple of days.

AccordSeats4

Reaction score
001stunna and Jwong. Thanks. purchased o2's and engine light is gone. You don't want to know how long I have had this problem and I'm to embarrassed to say. Thanks again.

Back