DIY O4-07 Acura TL Manual Trans rear swaybar install

toast

Reaction score
The driver rear swaybar end link was disconnected when I bought the car, so I started researching. I found conflicting information about I4 fitment, and different part numbers. To make the process easier for others, I decided to do another write up. I ended up ordering for my coupe:

Moog Endlinks;
P/N K90342
P/N K90343

2004 TL Manual rear swaybar, bushings, and brackets.

P/N# 52300-SEP-A11
P/N# 52306-SEP-A11 x2
P/N# 52308-S3M-A00 x2

Whats needed is #17, 2 #19's, and 2 #20's. The total was less than $50 shipped for the swaybar components, and another $50 for the Moog endlinks.

The reason for the upgrade,
IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

Dis assembly was pretty straightforward, although getting the endlinks removed without them spinning was fun. I started by removing the brackets first. Soaking the bolts with PB Blaster is a must!

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

Next was removing the endlinks from the knuckle. Sorry, no pics of that step.

Here is the comparison of the stock components, and the TL components.

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

Next up was simply re-installing it. It is a DIRECT bolt on, and I had ZERO fitment issues. It took me about 2 hours taking my time at a leisurely pace.

The closest I came to a fitment issue was the center exhaust hanger, but there is plenty of room.
IMG_3787.jpg

Final install...

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

There was a significant improvement in cornering, but keep in mind my stocker was disconnected. Good Luck!

Accord281

Reaction score
Good write up. I just wanted to add that if you buy it here, you get free shipping so it will be cheaper.

Clicky

finch13

Reaction score
Now wait just one second....

You're in St. Paul? Where abouts? I live near Lexington and Front.... do you go to Uni on friday/saturday nights?

tytan0503

Reaction score
nice writeup. I"ve got a 24mm progress on the way and I've been slightly spraying my endlinks with pb blaster while I wait on it to get here :smash:

toast

Reaction score
Now wait just one second....

You're in St. Paul? Where abouts? I live near Lexington and Front.... do you go to Uni on friday/saturday nights?
Haha, I haven't been to Uni for a couple of years...before when you could actually get away with a little "Exhibition driving"! I used to be a regular at Red Rock long before that got shutdown too. Those were the days of my Camaro's/Trans Am's though, never in a Honda! This CG is just my DD, all my $ seems to go into Jeeps these days :(

**** like this gets expensive quick!

IMG_0590.jpg

Back