Need very stiff suspension - NEED HELP

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Ok everyone, I am very big into car audio. Im actually sponsored by various companies. The build I am working on now will be adding approximately 800 pounds or so to my car from wood, batteries, subwoofers, amps, wiring etc.

I need a solution to my suspension dilemma. I have some Tenzo R springs on right now and i love the way it looks, problem is, with only like 400lbs in the rear of my car, the springs almost bottom out and give it like super massive boat syndrome.

I was going to go with F2 T1 coils but was told that they wont be able to hold the weight. I then was told to get Ground Control adjustable coils with a custom stiff spring rate and KYB AGX shocks, then I found out and AMR and how he can make me a custom coilover suspension. Problem with that is, that price tag is quite high. I would like to spend no more then 1g to make this happen. The AMRs I was quoted on would have been almost 1.5 times more expensive then my limit.

What I need is something that I can make really stiff. Like 10k in the front and 12k in the rear for like 650lbs stiffness. What companies can I contact about setting up a stiff suspension?

Thanks for your words and opinions!

swollen_cu

Reaction score
800 pounds? wtf are you doing? filling up every inch of your car with wood?

2 12" subs together weigh about 80 lbs( or if you're going huge like a w7 about 100 pounds)
2 amps weigh bout 45 pounds
Wood to build all this ish would weigh about 100 lbs.
Wires would only weight about 25 pounds...

IDk how you're getting 800 pounds....

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
But is it bad to max them out all the way every single day? I know I can max them out, but I dont want to ruin them by doing this. Do you think I would be alright?

No, its very unlikely you could even damage them. I mean, you'd have one bumpy ride depending on if you went all the way with them. I just meant you'd have no problem getting what you wanted from a brand like them.

There's always some medium to find when adjusting them that I'm sure you'll find what you like eventually. Insane quality for the price IMO.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ksports set all the way stiff would probably even make the shock last longer, since it would move less. mine are set all the way stiff in the rear.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
800 pounds? wtf are you doing? filling up every inch of your car with wood?

2 12" subs together weigh about 80 lbs( or if you're going huge like a w7 about 100 pounds)
2 amps weigh bout 45 pounds
Wood to build all this ish would weigh about 100 lbs.
Wires would only weight about 25 pounds...

IDk how you're getting 800 pounds....

Its going to be walled off....

box will be around 15 cubic feet made of pure birch. Subwoofers will consist of 4 15's which weigh in at around 50 pounds a piece, and will eventually be swapped out for woofers that weigh around 90 pounds a piece. There will be 4 batteries in the rear which each weigh 60 pounds. There will be 4 subwoofer amps each weighing around 30 pounds and a speaker amp weighing about 15 pounds. not to mention my trunk floor is now made of wood, my battery rack is made of wood.

By wall, I mean there will be no back seats. When you turn around the 4 15s will be directly behind your head. So 800 pounds is right around where i estimate the system weighing.

VietGuy03

Reaction score
It's not like you are make the Coilovers operate outside of tested parameters, I think they will be just fine and probably a needed upgrade because of the weight of the system.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Its going to be walled off....

box will be around 15 cubic feet made of pure birch. Subwoofers will consist of 4 15's which weigh in at around 50 pounds a piece, and will eventually be swapped out for woofers that weigh around 90 pounds a piece. There will be 4 batteries in the rear which each weigh 60 pounds. There will be 4 subwoofer amps each weighing around 30 pounds and a speaker amp weighing about 15 pounds. not to mention my trunk floor is now made of wood, my battery rack is made of wood.

By wall, I mean there will be no back seats. When you turn around the 4 15s will be directly behind your head. So 800 pounds is right around where i estimate the system weighing.

why the need for 4 15's? I'd be happier with 2 10w7 and a 1000/1...

AccordFlex

Reaction score
I am sponsored and on 3 audio teams... I compete in various sanctions on the east coast for car audio.

I wouldnt be doing this if there was no real purpose behind it.

Back