Modifying Sedan Lip to fit 99 Coupe?

pattywak

Reaction score
My current search for a polyurethane front lip for my 1999 Coupe has hit a snag - the only ones I find available are ABS Plastc Murgen Replicas or something called "Flex Fiberglass" OEM Replica lips. The only Polyurethane lip I find is for a 98-2000 Sedan, in Mugen style.

1. Is this Flex Fiberglass any good? Is it more like polyurethane of abs plastic?
2. What modifications must be made to a sedan lip to fit it on a 99 coupe? On a thread I browsed here someone said the middle section had to be modified some? How much modification has to be done? I've never done any work like that, which is why I'm asking for some rather specific answers. I searched on here, and nothing came back on my search results...

This is the polyurethane lip in question, courtesy of baysonR:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-0...ries?hash=item5ad2c4b56a&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14
Thanks for the help guys.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
well you got my input on abs... the seller i got it from, didn't mold it properly and so It wouldn't fit without some cutting.:lolhitting: Will not ever buy ABS lips again! PU is the way to go, as far as the sedan lip...couldn't tell ya.... Need someone who's done it.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I bought a 98-00 ABS mugen front lip from autoxtyle.com. Ofcourse I had to make it fit to my 02 front bumper.

pattywak

Reaction score
Hm..I'm really looking for someone who has modified a sedan lip to fit on a coupe...

KnightRyder

Reaction score
pyaarawala (i think thats his name) has the xenon front and sides from the sedan on his coupe.

pattywak

Reaction score
pyaarawala (i think thats his name) has the xenon front and sides from the sedan on his coupe.

Would the modifications for the Xenon front lip be the same as the modifications for a Mugen replica front lip?

matty2013

Reaction score
I believe so, since the Xenon was made for Sedan only(if I remember reading somewhere). Can someone who has modded a 98-00 Sedan lip to fit on a 98-00 Coupe, chime in and give us some feedback?

pattywak

Reaction score
Ah okay, I see. That link is for making a 98 lip fit on a 2001+ coupe, I didn't know if it was the same procedure. But please do keep me informed on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. :thumbup:

Back