Alarm keeps going off.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
stock alarms have a sensitivity box. my car still has the stock alarm

scarr133

Reaction score
anyone know where the stock sensitivity box is on a 98 EX Coupe Accord. I have been looking for about 30 minutes and cannot seem to locate it. I am having the same problem with the alarm going off, unless we keep the doors unlocked. It's going off in the middle of the night, during the day, whenever it feels like doing it. thanks.

ActNow

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them tomorrow.
Also I should add that I hit a stop sign a couple weeks ago, slicing my door panel. I thought some water could have got in the door and cause a short, but I checked my fuses and they are fine.
s3mxy0.jpg

Don't mean to get off topic, but how the heck do you manage to hit a stop sign and damage your door with that huge gash?

Marino

Reaction score
^lol, it's a bit hard to picture. What hapenned is that i sled on a patch of ice while turning. My wheels locked and i sled towards the stop sign. there was a big metal pin sticking out of the sign which sliced my door.
It's not that bad though, I wanted to change the door this summer because the window frame was quite rusted.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
the sensitivity box is under the dashboard all the way under. There is the stock module and i believe there is a second box that is the sensitivity module. could just on the regular module, I cant remember 100% but on that box there is a flathead screw on it that you turn left and right do adjust sensitivity

Marino

Reaction score
I have the problem again!
Now I'm looking to unhook the horn from the control module, but I just really can't find it. After some search I found that this is what it is supposed to look like.
2je1ac5.jpg

You know that little pocket that goes back into the dash a ways in front of your shifter? The top of that just pops off with some force, and there should be a black box with two wiring harnesses and an audio out to your Alarm horn.

I removed the console lower cover (where the ashtray would be) and the driver's dashboard lower cover (right under the steering wheel), looked everywhere and couldn't find the control module. I'm wondering if there is another place where it can be mounted?
If anyone has a picture of his control module can you post it up? Maybe I'm just not realizing what it is.

EDIT: Right now I unplugged my horn relay but it's quite unsafe.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
mine was under the dash proped up near the wall... not the fire wall but the inner wall of the dash. The box should be visible once u get under there becuase its mounted that you see it once u look down. check near the fuse box down there because there should be a wire that runs through it to the ignition harness. the alarm doubles as an ignition cutoff as well

lovely

Reaction score
my car alarm kept going off so often that i had to disconnect the horn temporarily. then just pressed a few different combinations on the key fob and gloriously the alarm stopped going off. hope this info can help someone else, dont want to have to bring the car to the stealership.

Framedad

Reaction score
I recently had this problem with my 2002 Honda Accord. The alarm would go off when ever. Driving, sitting in the driveway. It drove me nuts. Well, I figured out what to do to fix the problem. It seems that this happens when the battery goes low or your replace the car battery. You should try to reprogram the remotes for your car. I found on line how to do this with the Accord and no more random alarms. Too bad the Honda Dealer could not figure that out. Let me know if this works for your car alarm problems.

Back