What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Installed Bose 6x9’s I pulled from a ’99 CL, plug n play other than having to modify the speaker cover a little. I added some foam between the speaker bracket and mounting surface. They have a fuller and more rich tone, with a notable improvement in bass. Pretty nice for OEM equipment, wish the Bose speaker covers would have been the same shape.

temporary-10.jpg

temporary-9.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Installed Bose 6x9’s I pulled from a ’99 CL, plug n play other than having to modify the speaker cover a little. I added some foam between the speaker bracket and mounting surface. They have a fuller and more rich tone, with a notable improvement in bass. Pretty nice for OEM equipment, wish the Bose speaker covers would have been the same shape.

temporary-10.jpg

temporary-9.jpg
Good find. I can see that the magnet is relatively larger than OEM's; That's good.

Now, how exactly did you have to modify your speaker covers to mount them? Foam means foam tapes?

(I've been wanting to upgrade my rear speakers, and if I can find them in good condition, it sounds like I can get away w/ those instead of getting a new pair of aftermarket ones.)

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I haven't cared enough to upgrade the speakers with brand new aftermarkets, so this was a good find. I didn't know 1G CL's had premium sound so I was kind of excited when I found these.

On the underside of the speaker cover there is a little elliptical wall of plastic (echoes the speaker shape) that protrudes downward (so perpendicular to rear deck surface). The OEM speaker just barely fits inside of it. The Bose speaker is a little bigger, so you have to trim down the plastic in a couple places so it clears.

The metal bracket the speaker sits in mounts to the metal part of the rear deck, and the two fasten together with four 8mm screws. I cut up some leftover garage door molding and glued strips around the circumference of the metal bracket. This puts some insulation between the speaker and the car, which results in cleaner sound. Especially when it comes to the bass.

When I go back to the yard I may see if the fronts are 6.5's and if they will swap over too.

EDIT: Here is a pic for you Richard, showing what I did with the molding. I cut strips with slits in them to make them hold the curve better, then glued them on.

temporary-11.jpg

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I haven't cared enough to upgrade the speakers with brand new aftermarkets, so this was a good find. I didn't know 1G CL's had premium sound so I was kind of excited when I found these.

On the underside of the speaker cover there is a little elliptical wall of plastic (echoes the speaker shape) that protrudes downward (so perpendicular to rear deck surface). The OEM speaker just barely fits inside of it. The Bose speaker is a little bigger, so you have to trim down the plastic in a couple places so it clears.

The metal bracket the speaker sits in mounts to the metal part of the rear deck, and the two fasten together with four 8mm screws. I cut up some leftover garage door molding and glued strips around the circumference of the metal bracket. This puts some insulation between the speaker and the car, which results in cleaner sound. Especially when it comes to the bass.

When I go back to the yard I may see if the fronts are 6.5's and if they will swap over too.

EDIT: Here is a pic for you Richard, showing what I did with the molding. I cut strips with slits in them to make them hold the curve better, then glued them on.

temporary-11.jpg
Oh, they're from the 1st gen CL, not the 2nd gen. From time to time, I've been thinking that there's got to be some useful / interchangeable parts between ours & the 1st gen. Good to know.

Alright. Thank you so much, Chris! I'll give it a shot, when the time comes.

Repped you, Chris!

EDIT: For some reasons, I can't rep you.. I click the check box icon, but the is no place to click, when the small windows appears underneath... Well, maybe it's my PC, but I'll rep you once I be able to do so. ;) Maybe I need to update my JAVA.

Last edited:

CokeZero

Reaction score
I replaced the front 6.5 and rear 6x9 with new Rockford Fosgates.

Replaced the hazard switch from a 2000 and it blew my fuse when I tried to activate them. (a few times) So I got another hazard switch from a 2000 and got lucky because the lights on it and the clock were good. Score!

Although I have LEDs in the mail coming to replace them anyway haha.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Worked on desqueaking the belts with spray. I think I found the spot and just need to glop it up. In the process I noticed a rad fluid leak. Took off the splash guard but unable to locate it. But since then it stopped leaking maybe it was the ****y plug being loose. I was planning to take it to Honda tomorrow anyway to see what they can do about poor gas mileage.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh, they're from the 1st gen CL, not the 2nd gen. From time to time, I've been thinking that there's got to be some useful / interchangeable parts between ours & the 1st gen. Good to know.

Alright. Thank you so much, Chris! I'll give it a shot, when the time comes.

Repped you, Chris!

EDIT: For some reasons, I can't rep you.. I click the check box icon, but the is no place to click, when the small windows appears underneath... Well, maybe it's my PC, but I'll rep you once I be able to do so. ;) Maybe I need to update my JAVA.

Yea 1st gen CL. I got the passenger side speaker in last night and I’m not going to lie, I sat in the car with the doors closed and played Will Smith’s ‘Summertime’ at high volume. Listened to it 3 times because it sounded so good haha.

The yard I frequent always has a 6GA coupe, so I’ll go down every import aisle pulling stuff I want, then I haul it back to a 6GA coupe and test fit stuff to see if it will fit my car. I love being able to do that lol. I also took the interior window chrome trim (goes along the top of the door panel) from the same CL since they looked to be the same length as mine. I think they will class up the interior nicely.

I actually did receive the rep, thanks!

DizzyP

Reaction score
Yea 1st gen CL. I got the passenger side speaker in last night and I’m not going to lie, I sat in the car with the doors closed and played Will Smith’s ‘Summertime’ at high volume. Listened to it 3 times because it sounded so good haha.

The yard I frequent always has a 6GA coupe, so I’ll go down every import aisle pulling stuff I want, then I haul it back to a 6GA coupe and test fit stuff to see if it will fit my car. I love being able to do that lol. I also took the interior window chrome trim (goes along the top of the door panel) from the same CL since they looked to be the same length as mine. I think they will class up the interior nicely.

I actually did receive the rep, thanks!

Cant Rep, or really just don't want to. Must be a glitch in the Matrix. I'll check the code.

No need to lie. When In saw this I LOL (on the real tip.....vs the fake tip but since we live in the Matrix I guess everything is a fake tip).

http://youtu.be/uCdru_WNfR8

I sing the entire Wicked album. BTW Wicked is a Broadway play about how the Wicked Witch the West came to be. It is an awesome story. I've seen it the time, San Francisco, Fresno and kicking they made it to Sactown (where I live). I hear good things about the book but the musical really does it for me. So no need to lie or be a ashamed about it. Keep it One Hundred,

DizzyP

Reaction score
Wet weather for the first time since I got new tires. I gotta inflate then good but dry and wet weather the are not to good but I do like that in dry weather he starts the tire squeal on turn as a warning for total traction loss. Wet weather, it skips a bit on straights. TCS and ABS in full effect. Now my interior fan is Cutting in and out so I gotta check out it. Prob tonight.

Back