Need opinion for exhaust setup...

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score
I'm looking for an exhaust for my 01 AV6 coupe nothing flashy, I want it to sound exactly like the G35 infinity oem exhaust...I've looked at some threads and some say the Apexi WS II catback has that sound, or the magnaflow oem replacement...any ideas besides cutting mufflers off a G35 lol

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
No exhaust will sound exactly like a G35 exhaust due to the G35 having a different engine than the accord.

Apexi WS and Magnaflow exhausts are great products.

I'd just do 2.5 inch custom piping with a magnaflow or other resonator + magnaflow street series muffler or Apexi WS muffler welded on.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Take a look at the exhaust review thread, listen to vids on youtube, and search the site.

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score
Yeah I saw some videos on youtube with the cl-s exhaust and I saw Allgonoshow's video both sound good but the magnaflow setup sounds pretty good. Can't see the rest of the videos since I'm on my phone sitting at the hospital LOL ill take a look when I go home . Allgo's setup is pretty sweet, is it dual or single?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
The VQ35 is what makes the G35 exhaust sound like a G35 exhaust. My GF's Maxima sounds exactly the same, just a little more muffled.

These threads pop up once a month. And another thing, what exactly does the "A" in AV6 stand for? Automatic? I always wondered this.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah I saw some videos on youtube with the cl-s exhaust and I saw Allgonoshow's video both sound good but the magnaflow setup sounds pretty good. Can't see the rest of the videos since I'm on my phone sitting at the hospital LOL ill take a look when I go home . Allgo's setup is pretty sweet, is it dual or single?

He converted to single.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
if you get a resonator put it as close to the header as possible, that helps richen the tone, or so i have been told

Back