My saturday (56k) BadgerType Update

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Yeah cost probably went up just because it has to over time..back when i almost got mine done labor was like 200..but that was almost 2-3 years ago..i can see around a grand for this...400 or so for S2K projectors, 200 ballast, 100 bulbs, maybe 300 for labor..i guess it adds up quickly..

Retro is very OEM though, probably the best OEM looking one i have seen...lowincash from another site had one, looked good, but not this good...

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I don't know what happen but I did tell Richard what was said and he will reply all I know is he did not charge $1400 for just a retrofit their had to been more costs from parts etc and the fact that more money most of been spent because he had a old retrofit which he or someone else did for him but Rich will clear that up And Crave accord v6 if your the owner of headlights I don't know what you told BadgerType but this thread was pointless if you did not have a problem and if everything was taken care of in the first place. Hopefully you will hear what Richard and bjorn have to say about this and clear this up thanks.

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
first off im in a very pissed off mood, so i dont want to hear it from any of yall.

this thread was not created to BASH customlightz. it was created to show you a very interesting saturday. everything stated abt customlightz was true unless it was stated as my opinion.

everything i said that pretained to customlightz was true.
cost 1400=yes
took 6 months=yes
didnt blackhouse=yes
rattle from behind chrome=yes (crave found this out himself)
cut out alittle bit too much, IMO=yes
no way to install on stock v6 without modification=yes
that customlightz told him over the phone to reseal it with silicone there sending crave=yes
did crave have a problem after he knew abt this=no, but i was trying to be a nice guy and let others know. SORRY FOR TRYING TO BE NICE

IF this was all a bashing thread, then i would not have mentioned that the wiring harness was really well done, that they looked very clean and it was an easy plug and play

I urged him to send them back if he payed that much and they werent they way he wanted it, but he kept on insisting that they were fine.

i found this out today from crave
-that he and customlightz are friends
-that i was bashing cstomlightz
-that i mounted a ballast wrong so water got to it and blew it
-that i MUST applogize and take back what i wrote bad abt them
-that everything is fine now(i.e. everything was righted that was wronged)

and dre this was all that came in the box: a pair of oem headlights (new), s2k projectors, tyc headlight cover(since oem had the lines in it), one complete wiring package

everything is fine now. the customer is happy, customlightz is happy and i an asshole for starting a thread that its title and main subject simply said, "Customlightz sucks, look here."

if yall think i created this thread to BASH customlightz, then yall can shove it.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
AND IF ANYONE THINKS THAT I AM A LIAR AND AN ASSHOLE,

tell an admin to delete my account

"7. Knowingly posting untrue information is prohibited and will result the immediate removal of your account."

du3ce

Reaction score
EDIT: lol.. that put me in a good mood.. however that comment doesn't belong in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

02blkaccordcpe

Reaction score
Dude, they're totally gonna ban you for that.
6thgen Rules said:
"7. Knowingly posting untrue information is prohibited and will result the immediate removal of your account."

Last edited by a moderator:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I can only say but so much about this situation and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just think it was not normal to hear some of the things I heard and I aint calling you a liar it's your thoughts that's the bottom line if that's what they are no one can change them. I spoke to Richard and he told me it's taken care of, he or bjorn spoke to the customer but he's still going to explain what happen here and I will leave it at that. No love lost and your not going to get banned.

Last edited:

99AznAccord

Reaction score
lol Wow, this thread kind of got out of hand. Anyways, I'm Rich from Customlightz. First off BadgerType, you are taking this way out of proportion. It's funny how you can speak for someone when you do not even know everything behind the scenes. Anyways, for his HID kit not working, intake being cut open, and windshield washer fluid being cut.....how is that our fault? I have been doing 6th gen accord retros for 4 years now and never have I heard of any of my customers cutting things except for you. I did not make his retro any more different on the back side than I did with others. For the pricing, many of you are considering it to be "too expensive", but you are not considering that these are S2K projectors. Not the cheapest on the market. If you can find S2K projectors for $200, then you got them for a steal. The HID kit, well we test them all out before selling them to any of our customers. Ballasts are used for only several hours, but bulbs are brand new. HID kit usually goes for roughly $250+, S2K projectors for about $375+, labor is about $300+ whatever else you want extra. I mean price is already up at LEAST $925 right there. Now you got headlights. Well oem headlights normally go for about $100. TYC lens? Well back when he got them they were going for roughly about $200. Then you got wiring harness as well. I mean the list goes on. His retro is already up to about $1225. Also what about shipping both ways? We only pay for shipping for warranty work, but not for the retro. That's already roughly about $50. I dunno where the additional cost is, but I'm sure it's there somewhere. For the headlights leaking......yes, we may have not sealed it correctly, but we WILL be willing to fix it at no charge. When you say that we ignored him, we do not ignore any of our customers. We try our best to get to all our customers as quick as we can. I'm sorry that BadgerType feels that we ignored our customer, but come on. Dealing with 100+ emails, pm's, and phone calls a day, PLUS trying to get retrofits done at the same time is not the easiest in the world. We are only human and only have 2 people working in customlightz. Bjorn and myself. As for taking 6 months for the retrofit, I do not remember off the top of my head, but I believe there was a good explanation. For example, maybe TYC headlights didn't come in at a reasonable time or maybe shrouds or something. All I know is there is always a good reason. We do not sit here holding onto customers headlights for as long as we can and we do not rush any of our retrofits either. We work on all retrofits with the best quality and service we can provide. The rattling in the headlight could be a possibility based on shipping. I have never had problems with retrofits falling apart. I'm sorry if there was a big misunderstanding, but hopefully we all came to a conclusion that we are not here to rip anyone off, only to help everyone out the best we can. If anyone got questions, please send me a pm. Thanks. :)

Back