Manual cloth to heated leather seats.

Jimsun

Reaction score
This DIY was done on a 2001 LX Sedan. I replaced the manual cloth with an 8 way driver side power seat w/ heated option.

Since this hasn't been really taken care of, I'll do a mini DIY and will expand it as I go and redo some stuff. For those that beg the question about the side srs bypass, I have not yet worked around it YET. I will however so stay tuned!

What you will need.

Leather seats
Seat harness for the leather seats
Door panels
Heated seat center console button
heated button harness
18 awg wire black/red (or any color)
Wire connectors
Wire stripper
Crimper
Phillips screw driver
Flat head screw driver
8,10,12,14 mm socket/wrench
Multimeter with a continuity beeper (for awesomeness!)
harness connector details (other than what i have here)

First
Have access to the wiring diagram for the harnesses so you know what wire does what.

powerdistributionpassen.png

pic2ct.png

pic2b.png

passheater.png

windowdiagram.png

powerdistribution781415.png

seatheaters9900.png

srsseat.png

Grab the harnesses and add wire connectors at the end to make things a little easier and a little cleaner when running wires etc..

Heated seats buttons + accesory
pic1br.jpg

img2951x.jpg

8 way driver side. The passenger side only had ground and the 2 wires (low hi)
pic1si.jpg

Test to see if the power options work. I used an old spare battery to do my tests and alligator clips
Sorry i forgot to take a pic of the heather switch. This is just the power seat
img2943aw.jpg

I think it's best to start with the door panels first. If you can't do the door panels, leave the rest to the pros

This is diagram is for the rear panel but it's the same concept for all the panels

panelremoval.png

I used a flat head to pry the first tab open. I pulled the rest of the tabs after wards
img2993be.jpg

After the door panels, I did the rear seats. I think these are easier than the door panels.
I started by putting the rear seats down (unlock using the key. Then i used a 10mil (i think) to remove the 2 bolts on each side (bottom corners). AFter that, i removed the bottom seat by unscrewing the bolt and by pulling the seat up to detach it from the clip things. Lastly, i removed the side seat pads. There's a 10 mil at the bottom, unbolt that and lift it upwards.

This diagram should be self explanatory

rearseatremoval.png

I replaced the arm rest to leather. Then i removed the cup holder assembly and console panel. to gain access to the accessory panel
armrest.png

Remove the accessory panel with the 2 screws holding it in place and put in the heated ones in. Don't screw it in yet because you have to connect the wires to the seats. What i noticed is that the screws that held the none heated accessory panels can't hold the heated panel because the screw is shorter. So i used the door latch screw that i have lying around and used those to keep the heated panel in place.
accpanel.png

img2988s.JPG

Once i removed the old panel, i put in the harness. You'll noticed that you have to cut your old acc hardness because the new one has one ( attach the heated acc harness + the heated lights). As for the lights for it, what i did was this.
The Red (pin 1) goes with the white/red of the acc wire. Red/black to the black wire (ground) (both heated seats. pin layout for pass and driver are the same. just different hi/low wire colours)
All the ground goes with the black wire (ground)
Pin 6(white/black) is connected to the front passenger window switch (blue/black)

pic2b.png

powerdistribution781415.png

Pin layout for the power window is the same for all doors. Replace switched power colour to blue/black. to make sure you have the right wire, just pull your multimeter and test for continuity.
windowdiagram.png

Remove the front seats by unbolting the 4 bolts.
pic5l.png

Run the low/hi wires to the 2 seats. I didnt take a pic of the white/black heated wire to the front passenger side window but that wire went along the underside the dash. I ran my wires for both seats from the heated seats harness, to the shifter, to the cup holder then down through the carpet to the hole.
img2992mr.jpg

img2991c.jpg

remove the bolt covers located at the rear of the front sets. After which, remove 4x 14mm bolt that's holding the chair in place. remove the chair from the car.
-pic 5

To be continued. Going to snooze. Ill draw and post how i did the wiring thingy later.

Last edited:

LX99

Reaction score
Excellent write up. I did the same thing last fall, but I used the Acura TL seats.
I still have not figured out where to put my heater switches but your post is a BIG help with the wiring mysteries.

Did you get the OEM Canadian heater switches and mounting plate? If yes do you know of a source I could get in touch with?

Thanks again!

bobbyVEE

Reaction score
AWESOME I needed this... I have some TL type S seats looking to put them in with oem Canadian heated seat switches and bezel I got from a friend... this Is a huge help thx.

Back