DIY Toe Lock Out Kit

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
This is sort of in relation to another post I made, but if you are using Ingalls or J-Power toe and camber arms, this is a perfect, inexpensive way to lock out the toe bolt once and for all. You can weld the lopsided washer in place, but this is a less permanent solution. What you will need:
  • Two (2) Bolts (12x1.75, 75mm shank, 10.9)
  • Two (2) Nylon Nuts (12x1.75)
  • Four (4) Washers (28mm OD/12mm ID if you can find them)

Additional parts:

For what I posted above, it cost me a little over $5. You should be able to find these things at your local hardware store.

wMjbCRo.jpg

Note that I have an extra set of washers. I bought eight originally but only used four. Also, the lock out portion is only $5, however you WILL need adjustable arms (links above). If you reuse your stock cam bolt with aftermarket arms, your alignment will change over time. If you use this DIY lock out kit with stock arms, your toe will never be able to change and your tires will wear prematurely.

The hardware store I went to did not have washers the exact size I needed, so I ended up getting some that were 31mm across. All you need to do (assuming you get the right size) is replace the cam bolt that comes with your factory arms, with the new bolt you bought, and put one washer on each side. Now a couple things to note. When installing the bolts, make sure that you do not tighten them down with no load on the wheels. The bolts should be torqued to about 43 ft/lbs but it shouldn't matter too much.

When I was making my lock out kit, my washers were too large. The stock washer is 28mm across, so I had to add a notch on one side. After that, it fit perfectly into the space, and won't allow the bolt to move.

1236890_10101961009977141_211005356_n.jpg

The end result should look something like that. This mod will cost you $5, and take about 15-20 minutes of your time to assemble. After that, your toe will not move. Again, if you do this mod, you WILL need adjustable arms. On stock arms this is not recommended, as your alignment will just be ****ed no matter what. With adjustable arms it would be perfect though.

Last edited:
Back