F23A4 to H23A A/T Swap Questions

ickna11

Reaction score
I am reading in some places that it's a basic drop in, and in others that there is a lot of wiring to do.

Also are there problems with doing this swap?

This thread suggests there is an issue with the temp gauge and hard shifting.
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46696

What exact parts do I need purchase to do this?

Is this accurate?
Alright, now we shop for parts. Things you’ll need:
-98-01 prelude power steering pump bracket
-98-01 prelude power steering pump and belt (Or keep your pump and buy the prelude belt, it’ll work)
-f23a4 a/c pump and bracket (Keep your old one, DON’T disconnect the lines)
-f23a4 crank pulley (Either buy one, or buy the tool to hold yours still while you crack the bolt loose with your foot and a 4’ breaker bar haha)
-Prelude/Accord harmonic balancer removal tool (to take the crank pulley off of the F20B and swap it)
-f23a4 main drive belt (keep your old one or buy one)
-98-01 prelude downpipe (you’ll need to cut it down to size and re-weld the flange)
-JDM Shift Solenoids and speed sensors (have Jspec send you undamaged sensors with intact plugs)
-F23a4 alternator (Pulley size is larger than F20b’s, makes the belt tension less of a headache)
-Non ULEV pre-cat O2 sensor, buy an” NTK 333-H9” sensor (Honda part # 36531-PCA-004). That’s the stock F20B sensor, the PCB ECU is PICKY! Use Only “Denso” or “NGK/NTK”. Don’t buy “Bosch” or any other replacement brands as they will fail in a few hundred miles, trust me. (They’re cheaply made and sold at AutoZone)

One guy says the engine mounts lined up perfect others say they don't?

I just want to get some clear info, thanks!

Last edited:

Steadycrusin401

Reaction score
I just finished my h23 swap last month and the list is pretty accurate. I don't have power steering in my car so I can't vouch for that.

REINSTALL:
AC compressor and bracket
f23 alternator & bracket (if you don't want power steering.) reuse the old belt
h22 alternator & bracket (need a new longer belt)
97-01 prelude downpipe 12'' section cut off
I converted to obd1 so I didn't have to worry about the o2 sensors and ecu.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
I've done the h23a swap with a manual transmission, it should be pretty similar. The engine bolts right in, but make sure you have a Prelude driver side engine bracket.

HollywoodHam

Reaction score
I also did the h23 swap with LSD manual conversion. The motor was a direct fit and as far as the motor mounts, I dud the innovative motor mount upgrade kit. I did have to change my ecu (by choice) and had to buy the ps from the prelude (97-01). I posted pics. Pm me if you have any questions.

Back