D4 Light is out

Jakester

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just by chance or not, but I replaced some lights in my cluster with LEDs, everything was working fine. A couple days ago I had to replace a LED bulb that went out. (Replaced turn signals on cluster). The next day I noticed that my D4 light on my cluster is not on, but all the other lights work.

I have a 2001 Accord, automatic. I looked in the back and I don't see any bulbs for the P,R,N,D4, etc....I tried searching but it seems people had separate bulbs for each one on their cluster, where as I don't have any. Car is running fine, and the light isn't blinking, it's just not on at all. Any ideas what is going on?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
My D4 light has always been dead, I liked it. Dimmer except when in the wrong gear.

james'99

Reaction score
Common issue it seems. I've seen this on CR-Vs and other models as well. I do not recall seeing bulbs either when I have had other clusters out. I'd look, but mine is a manual. Sorry man.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The back of my spare V6 cluster has bulbs for each of the indicator lights. Have you tried putting another bulb in the D4 slot that you know works and see what happens?

james'99

Reaction score
Here is the back of an AT 4cyl cluster. Seemingly doesn't have access to those LEDs.

p1300446.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
back of my cluster, vertical column of small bulbs at far left are the gear indicator lights

712f2b06-b8a9-4934-838e-fa4156750ebd_zps668e8bb0.jpg

james'99

Reaction score
I assume there has to be way a way. I'll look into it as much as I can without having the actual cluster. Haha!

snip33r

Reaction score
I4 auto cluster is different than V6 auto cluster. For I4 you have to remove the white plastic part from the back of cluster, which will expose the circuit board, then there are 6 three small metal clips (2 for each needle time 2 = 6) that you need to open up and slowly work around the cluster to separate the circuit board, then inner side of the circuit board you will see the 6 bulbs for the gears, they pop out and replace with the new. Just be careful that you don’t mess up with the needles or don’t try to pull the needles with hands. Here is the video that will help you with the steps, its for V6 but its same for I4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Lf50SQ3Vc
I would recommend to do more search about it before you do this issue fix, as it can disturb the needles if not done properly, if you are not comfortable you might want that job done by dealer.

Back