1/4 mile times

angelplus

Reaction score
BAD NEWS. PLUS BAD RUNS.

Heres my times and mods:

CAI, throttlebody spacer, nitrous 75 wet shot, Nology hot spark plug wires.

Well, as soon as I got to the track, I turned on my nitrous, then turned my car on. Next I'm waiting for my friends and all of a sudden I hear "BOOOOOM, SHHHHHHHHHHH" And I was looking around and I was thinking, wtf is that and who is it. SO I get outa my car and theres flowing out under my car, and I turn the tank off and here a line from my tank was touching the exhaust and it was so hot that it burned a hole into it and blew it out. So nitrous was gone, ruined my whole night. So I get up to go run times. And my times are accordingly. VERY disappointed.

My times are as followed.

1st:
reaction time - .5042 (right on the money)
1/8 time - 11.7sec
1/8 mph - 61.46mph
1/4 time - 18.24sec
1/4 mph - 75.58mph

2nd:

reaction time - .6879
1/8 ET - 11.6sec
1/8 mph - 60mph
1/4 time - 17.96sec
1/4 mph - 76.92mph

3rd:

reaction time - .8069sec
1/8 time - 11.58sec
1/8 mph - 62mph
1/4 time - 17.955 sec
1/4 mph - 76.65mph

I'm very disappointed and ****in depressed over this whole night.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its steel on the outside, plastic on the inside, it could very well burst. It didn't catch fire, it was the feed line from the bottle.

I dunno how you have it ran but it shouldn't be anywhere near the exhaust.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking.
There's probably a warning label or something that says keep lines away from exhaust or moving parts.
At least the car didn't catch fire which is a good thing

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
angelplus what happen why were your times so slow did you have trouble hooking up or what did you go fully loaded with every thing in the car?

Last edited:

angelplus

Reaction score
lovablettedy said:
angelplus what happen why were your times so slow did you have trouble hooking up or what did you go fully loaded with every thing in the car?

I didn't have much in the car... I had a few things in the back, nothing to really weigh it down other then my bookbag. I dont know whats wrong with my ****in car. I just wanna get into the 16's now and i'm proly garanteed not to get there even with nitrous. My reaction times were prety good, I have an automatic. SO who knows.

It was a streel braided line, and it was touching the exhaust and i guess burned a hole through it.

lovablettedy

Banned
Reaction score
angelplus said:
I didn't have much in the car... I had a few things in the back, nothing to really weigh it down other then my bookbag. I dont know whats wrong with my ****in car. I just wanna get into the 16's now and i'm proly garanteed not to get there even with nitrous. My reaction times were prety good, I have an automatic. SO who knows.

It was a streel braided line, and it was touching the exhaust and i guess burned a hole through it.

its go to be the auto trany because all i got is a regular intake stock exause piping with a 3aracing muffler and ngkr plugs with apc 9.3mm wires and i hit 15.9. The only thing i had out was the carpet cuz i took it out a long time ago it got messtup and my pasanger seat but that is not that much less weight. DO YOU HAVE A 4DOOR OR 2DOOR?

jackhunt321

Reaction score
Dude that sux. Get a new line before the weekend. Run it up the black brake housing plastic under the car, thats how I did mine with no problems.

Back