100k Maintenance

paypalbid

Reaction score
valve adjustment
fuel filter (I wanted to do it $70+ OEM)

I think you have a pretty good list so far

Our cars are pretty easy to maintain. I own this car for almost 13 years now, currently with 264,000 miles and never really had any suprises (I have done a fair share of maintenances myself). Assuming that most members here are pretty in tune with the way their cars runs. All the minor stuff went bad I caught right away. Radiator was having a small leak so changed that, when the CV boots went bad I saw the grease on the wheels right away, when the front wheel bearings went bad the noise was pretty obvious (droning noise in cabin)

I saw that you are going to do the timing belt and someone had mention getting the water pump in previous post. I recommend that you get new timing belt/balancing belt tensioners too if they starting to make noise. If your car idle smooth without any noise behind the front left wheel then its ok.

Also, if you car haven't had the recall work done that you are aware of. Call the dealer and see if you can get the ignition switch replaced for free under the recall.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
^ He already knows to replace the pulleys, the hydraulic tensioner doesn't need replacing unless it's leaking.

The fuel filter is just a mesh strainer on the fuel pump, it's not intended to ever be replaced separate from the pump.

Toyojake

Reaction score
Yep, going to work on or replace:

-timing belt
-water pump
-acc. drive belts (since they come with the kit)
-timing belt adjuster pulley and timing belt idler pulley
-seafoam the motor
-pcv valve and grommet
-valve cover gaskets
-cleaning IACV + replace gasket
-both cabin filters

-other things-
also going to be doing some minor paint work at the same time, scratch repair basically. Going to replace the clock light bulb and the light bulb in the HVAC LCD display.

^ There was an ignition recall?

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
the light bulb in the HVAC LCD display.

What type bulb is it and where is it? Is it the one with a black holster and a blue cap on it?

Edit: you have an EX V6 right? jw if you have the same center console as me.

Last edited:
Back