FS: 1998-2002 Honda Accord timing belt kit (4-cylinder)

mossberg

Reaction score
Timing belt kit and accessory belts (power steering, AC/alternator) with only 55k miles. For 98-02 4-cylinder Accords (6th gen Accords).

I had an oil leak and I wanted to deal with it, and since I knew I'd have the timing cover and timing belt off, I went ahead and ordered a timing belt kit and accessory belts, along with the oil seals I wanted to replace.

Turns out the timing belt, water pump, tensioners and accessory belts are all in excellent condition. But since I had these parts off in order to access the various oil seals, I went ahead and replaced these parts.

This is a full timing belt kit, as well as the power steering and AC/alternator belts. Everything is in excellent condition, and you should get a minimum of 50k miles out of them. Depending on the mileage and your plans for your 6th gen Accord, these parts may last longer than you will keep the car, so you may never have to do another timing belt change.

Parts included:
timing belt - Honda
balance belt - Honda
water pump - ASIN; turns as freely as the new ASIN water pump I installed
timing belt tensioner - Koyo; turns as freely as the new Koyo tensioner I installed
balance belt tensioner - Koyo; turns as freely as the new Koyo tensioner I installed
tensioner springs - Koyo
power steering belt - Bando
AC/alternator belt - Bando

These parts run ~$150 new.

The only additional part you might want is the water pump gasket. The old gasket looks to be in good condition, but for the four or five bucks that a new gasket will cost from your local Honda dealer, might as well get a new one and not bother with cleaning the gasket sealant off the old one.

$45 shipped.

ZkNBHf6.jpg

T92unMY.jpg

jc0Dcnu.jpg

V52nT2Q.jpg

VhICFBi.jpg

ons2lTN.jpg

C8EWOzI.jpg

xjz9wZ1.jpg

I1srsgk.jpg

m52Aucq.jpg

c1i2unW.jpg

BvEMD9r.jpg

apl6Bz0.jpg

Last edited:

jypatric

Reaction score
Old thread I know but I'm curious if it is still available.

CrashOveride

Reaction score
Another part you might want to add when replacing the timing belt, water pump and various seals (1990 - 2002, L4) is an after market adapter that that holds the balance shaft seal in... When you have the balance belt off, the gear on the left (sticks out further than others) that the balance belt goes on to has a seal behind it that has been known to slip out and cause excessive oil leaks. Well there is a retainer you can buy that holds that seal in place. I had one installed the last time my Timing belt was replaced. If you just google "balance shaft seal retainer" you will find it. Less than $10.00. Some timing belt kits even include it... Just a little preventive maintenance that could save you a lot of headaches

Back