24mm Rear Sway Bar & End Links Compared to OEM

nixed007

Reaction score
I realize that there is already a DIY on the rear sway bar but just to give people an idea of how our stock parts compare to what is available i thought i would just put together these pictures.

Beginning the project:
Moog end links for 98-02 accord
Progress 24mm adjustable rear sway bar for 04 Acura TL

P1030423.jpg

From this point on realize that I live in northern Indiana where they think salt should coat the streets all winter long.

The sway bar is the bar going close to horizontal in this picture:

P1030424.jpg

Dropped the sway bar hangers:

P1030425.jpg

Cut off the oem end links:

P1030427.jpg

OEM vs. Progress bar... are we sure ours is a 17mm it looks like a 12mm compared to the progress bar:

P1030429.jpg

This is the one i couldn't find anywhere and it is also the reason for the post:

Moog vs. OEM end links I was really shocked at the difference because everyone I talked to said there were no upgrades for the accord.

P1030430.jpg

JUST AS A NOTE: this is the right side moog end link shown with the left side OEM end link

*I know its the worst signature ever but thats what happens when you only have mspaint also mods let me know if its "legal"* thanks

Last edited:

Hondastylez

Reaction score
How hard was it to remove the oem bar and end links ?

I'm thinking of getting this done soon.

nixed007

Reaction score
i would do it yourself. If you don't have rusted endlinks the swap will take 30-45 min if you do have rusted endlinks it will take about 2 hours or so. once you are set up that is

Artistotle

Reaction score
where did you get the moog end links? i've heard of them but couldn't find where to buy. also, are these endlinks different from oem or do they use allen keys too (which strip easily..)

any place to get a good deal on the sway bar?

how do you like the results?

whats crazy is S2k's come with 26 mm rear bars stock, and aftermarket parts are as beefy as 34+ mm rear sways!

nixed007

Reaction score
I picked my moog end links up at O'reilly's auto parts store. I saw an add one day that had moog's logo on it. I looked on e-bay and they are kinda hit and miss so i just picked them up locally. (i have seen them on e-bay from time to time)

If you enlarge the end link photo you can see that they have a hex head flange before the thread starts and then there is a flange nut that is not pictured. (The hex head flange before the thread eliminates the need for the allen key)

as for the sway bar, ebay has them for 143 shipped (make sure you search in ebay not ebay motors) The ones listed in ebay motors are 143 plus shipping (same as it would if you went direct with progress) I can get you the sellers name if you are interested.

Results were amazing. It feels a bit more like my brothers 300z tt without the speed which for a 4 door is a big step. As far as over-steer?!? I have pushed it fairly hard with little to no over-steer and I plan to run more auto-x meets this year than i did last year and so i am sure this will lower my times.

finch13

Reaction score
Can you post the Moog part numbers so people don't get confused.

I found Moog links on rockauto.com and I don't think they're the correct ones.

Moog RR P/N: K90342
Moog RL P/N: K90343

Great post! Repped!

Last edited:

Artistotle

Reaction score
oh, thanks for the detailed reply bro. how much did the auto parts store sell them for? Do you think a NAPA would have it? or what about pepboys/autozone? i haven't seen any O'reilly's around here.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Didn't realize the Moog endlinks were so beefy. Good stuff!

This suspension mod gets you the MOST for your money, IMO. I love it.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Does anyone know how important the end links are? Are they very important if you do the rear sway swap?

Back