4 Component Speakers?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
Alright 6ga owners don't hate on me as this should be a simple answer. I'm selling my subs (2 12" alpine type rs), my amp (hifonics bxi1606d) and box (4 cubic foot slot ported separate chamber) and would like to have at least some bass in my car, since my kenwoods all around are only good for highs, no punch at all. anyways, i was thinking of buying some 6.5" components (soundstream 6C-6T from sonicelectronix), and some 6x9" Eclipse SC6900 components for the back deck (coupe...hence my username) and a Soundstream TRX2.320 to run them all, about 80 watts RMS each. i was just wondering if having 4 components would sound good. i know some people run components up front and either have nothing in the back or some coaxials. everything together would only cost me $204.97....shipped! yeah its cheap but im not gonna be in competitions or anything but i want some good sound. any input would be great. thanks guys

xx24xx

Reaction score
You can always add a sub down the line if you want more bass. I feel that Rainbow and Dynaudio are far superior to the competition when you rely on mid bass coming from a component set. But I'm sure they are way out of your price range. You can pick up a Digital Designs 1508 for under $250. One of my favorite performers on a budget.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
yeah im not looking to spend a whole lot of money on components, and soundstream makes good products that will last, and the 6x9s should sound pretty good hopefully. and the reason im gettting components is because im selling my whole subwoofer setup, both type r 12s the amp and the box, hoping to get around 400.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
I have car and insurance and cellphone payments...and I can't really bump them now because my window regulator needs replacing and my window falls when the bass hits, I also need money to fix that haha. Ill be getting a new system next summer

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
haha thanks man, i cant wait to run 4 components ive never used them before, and ive had subs for 3 years (first setup was 2 10" boston acoustics g2 with some huge soundstream amp about 400 rms, not a lot of power but by god everyone thought i had 2 12s, i recommend boston acoustics) then my second setup was 2 type r 12's in a small sealed box with an mrp-m850, about 500 rms for both subs, still banged. then i got my 4 cubic foot ported box and 1600 watt RMS amp, which will be gone tomorrow :(.

good luck with getting a system, and your accord looks amazing...almost exactly what i want, just not slammed because my area is horrible roads

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
nice ima upgrade soon...got 2 dimond 12s with tha d3 amp... bumps hard super clean ...just cant stand haven a box...soon i wi make my coustom fiberglass box ...all in due time... just havent decided if i wanna make them in tha side kubbies of my trunk or do a 3 sub sset up in tha spare tire area...:bump::run:

Back