5-speed swap pics

bjorkmae

Reaction score
4 hours into it, subframe out. No need to pull the radiator or plug the atx cooler line just blew them out with the air compressor instead. Lots of stuff out, lots more to go. Hope to have the atx out and the mtx mounted tomorrow and running the day after.

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Ok I got it done :) Got the reverse lights working. Got the speedo and vtec working. To got the reverse lights to work ground the yellow wire from the reverse switch on the mtx tranny and connect the green wire from the reverse switch to the white wire from the big atx plug. For the speedo and vtec connect the blue/white stripe wire from the mtx vss pigtail to the blue wire that is on a plug connector near the big atx plug, connect the black wire from the mtx vss pigtail to ground and connect the black with yellow stripe wire to the black with yellow stripe wire from the distributor. At the ecu de-pin the #10 connector from plug D and connect it to #10 on plug C. Check out http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/at...5&d=1111724327 for more detailed connector info. I got the link from another 5 speed swap post on this site. Make sure you have a MTX ecu with a matching key and ignition switch to the ecu otherwise it won't crank at all. To get the car to start since it is no longer in drive or neutral connect the black wire and the blue with a white stripe wire together. What I found out is that only 98-02 shifter cables will works as the 98-02 shifter bracket is made out of plastic and is thicker then the metal bracket from previous years so the shifter cable retention clips won't fit if you use cables from different years. I simply modified the bracket from a 97 to fit my car and used the 97 cables. I have a 98. Also only a 98-02 clutch pedal will work because of alignment issues so I had to cut and weld my 97 pedal assembly to make it fit. I also used a 97 master cylinder, although a 98 would work if you simply remove the snap ring on it and swap the lever push arms from the 94-97 master cylinder onto the 98 master cylinder. Instead I just used the 97 cylinder and used part of the 97 clutch line and used a compression union to connect it to the 98 clutch line. Hope this helps people who do the swap in the future. Total time 2 days worth of work.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
we've done some ghetto stuff, like moving a car with 2 floor jacks. even my buddy who i did that with said :ughrun: to the pic with the wood...

TheHunter

Reaction score
Wow props man, that gives me hope to do some pig mods on my own in the future, shops are $$$. :p But it looks sweet, you're really going to love the manual tranny. It's a whole new car!

Oh and Red Coupes For Life!

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Well I tried but for some reason the link won't work here but its the same link in a thread below this one titled almost done 99% done or something like that.

Back