6spd limp mode

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score
Hey guys we did the 6spd swap on my 98 accord j30a1
I bought the module to fix limp mode but everything seems to work except VTEC and we still have the range switch connected cause without it the car won't start but in the module it says its suppse to work without it don't know what to do really need help thanks

Somebody1

Reaction score
how do you know if your vtec is operating/not operating, do you have an indicator? If you are throwing a code, which one?

Last edited:

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score
We don't hear it/feel it and the other problem tho is the range switch

Somebody1

Reaction score
Generally a code is thrown when the vtec isnt activating, if you have the richies harness, it should still throw a CEL, I would consider installing a vtec indicator, it can be built for a few dollars, my VTEC isnt really audible in my accord. First thing i would check is if you could build up sufficient oil pressure, and your vtec solenoid is still good. I will try to post a diagnostic procedure tomorrow.

Jdmj30a1

Reaction score
Generally a code is thrown when the vtec isnt activating, if you have the richies harness, it should still throw a CEL, I would consider installing a vtec indicator, it can be built for a few dollars, my VTEC isnt really audible in my accord. First thing i would check is if you could build up sufficient oil pressure, and your vtec solenoid is still good. I will try to post a diagnostic procedure tomorrow.

I used to be able to hear it when it was AUTO because of my intake.
We're gonna check that tomorrow but that still leaves the range switch problem. With the module it's not suppose to be connected and be able to turn on and were not able to turn on without it

OldNo7_CG2

Reaction score
I used to be able to hear it when it was AUTO because of my intake.
We're gonna check that tomorrow but that still leaves the range switch problem. With the module it's not suppose to be connected and be able to turn on and were not able to turn on without it

I did the swap and removed the range switch. Need to hook up a switch for starter or wire the clutch switch to ground and jump the neutral wire. But I had to depin the neutral wire at the ecu or when I would shift everytime I hit the clutch it would throw all the lights on

Back