[8-31-09] New shoot after Coil-Overs.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Vsyx, I have lowered the car a bit more in the back since that shoot. Bout almost an inch. Looks much better now. Ill probly update this thread when i have my brothers camera again. I was also thinking of running 10-15mm spacers because im not looking into spending much more in this car atm by getting rims. im only 17 lol. but my question is. wont i need extended studs to run that big of spacers?

edit:swollencu, how would i know lol

well with you being that low, your upper control arms are hitting your strut tower like crazy! Trust me, I've been there! haha

You never hear a clanking or a sound like you bottoming out?

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Yes, it fcking hurts everytime. Even on small sharp dips i faintly hear it, but it sounds more like a popping noise then. :(

I was gonna have my pops look at my suspension components to see if anything was up lol. Would that destroy my coils, even longterm?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Yes, it fcking hurts everytime. Even on small sharp dips i faintly hear it, but it sounds more like a popping noise then. :(

I was gonna have my pops look at my suspension components to see if anything was up lol. Would that destroy my coils, even longterm?

It would destroy yoru upper control arms and probably weaken your strut tower.. Best bet would be to raise it up to about no finger gap man.. hahah Unless you wanna drive like that.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
but my question is. wont i need extended studs to run that big of spacers?

yes. and the lug nuts to go with them.

id say the biggest spacer you could run with stock studs would be 5mm.

thats not good if it hits on slight dips and ****....imagine what itll be like on something serious that you hit when you dont notice it.

Would that destroy my coils, even longterm?

no. but it could damage the uca and/or strut tower. the uca could dent, or potentially punch thru the strut tower eventually, or on a good enough bump.

if theyre hitting as often as you say they are, raise the car up a little. its not good for the uca's to hit the strut tower.

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Shoot. Stage 3 was fun while it lasted, but im not fcking anything up to be that slammed. Thanks guys, btw andy, your car is even lower than mine , how do u cope?

mista jc

Reaction score
You're hearing clunking noises, Benito ? It was making noises in the front for me before I raised the front up. Hmm...

I'm thinkin' it's the oem rims vs. my 18s.. :confused:

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Yea JC, also only in the front. Imma raise it up a bit as soon as i can. And the names Bryan, Benito is my father. Dont got a bank acct, used his lol

Back