a couple issues....

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
That A/C line is under A LOT of pressure, so I would replace it. Replace your gas cap.

shouldn't JB weld be strong enough? :hide: i'll try a new gas cap

+1

Personally, I would not lose sleep over it. If ur car does fine below 14 gallons then leave it like that. You might not have a CEL because ur OBD1. But since u have a hybrid motor it leaves too many gaps in troubleshooting the problem. Maybe if you can buy a new gas cap and it will solve the problem. Then maybe look into your fuel rail. I am not sure bro... lol u probably know more than me.

yeah, a hybrid motor is a lil harder to figure out

I agree with shavedaccord - replace the line or you'll end up having to mess with it again. You may want to bring it to a shop ($$$) unless you know someone with A/C eqpt. You'll need to evacuate whatever is left in your system, replace the leaking line and the receiver dryer (good idea whenever you open your A/C system), pull a vacuum on the system for 30+ mins to remove moisture and then recharge it.

will speak to a shop abt it

if your running a obdI head i would look at the iacv.

wat am i looking for in the iacv?

^ agreed considering the symptons of A thru C...as far as the AC line....i got a new one replaced by Ken for like 75bucks or something.....give him a call...now that ur in La Mirada he's not that far of a drive

i'll holla at him.. wanna help me with teh iacv given my hand is in a cast? :naughty:

yea, but $75 is 750 ramens that Roy could be eating. I don't think he'll go for that. :p

u know me too well :lawl:

tht's y i stopped eating lunch :hide:

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
the Idle Air Control valve when bad can cause bad idle, stalling, and hard starts, it is located on the intake manifold.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
but if it runs fine with less than 14 gallons of fuel, it can't be the iacv then correct?

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
I dont kno about the whole 14 gallon thing......but from jus the symptoms you described is what was messing up my car too with those symptoms...had it replaced...jus paid for the seals...ken hooked it up with the labor...

Latest posts

Back