A day at the track

NightShade

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I haven't posted in a long time so I thought I'd pass this video your way.
My friend and I started a chapter of Top Notch car club in DC. You can visit our forums at topnotchdc.com

Anyway, this video shows what happened when we went to the track this weekend. Hope you enjoy it.

A Day At The Track
streetfire.com "optimized" the video for streaming. They pretty much screwed up the sound and aspect ratio of the video. I'll try to find some place to host the 30meg version, but it's still good.

And if you're in the MD/DC/VA area, join our club! We need members!!! :cool:

acrod99

Reaction score
Hey, SICK video, man! it looks like your club knows how to have fun! i need to get my club to do more together.

NightShade

Reaction score
Thanks. Oddly enough it's only two of us in the club right now. lol We're trying to gather more members. We get people that say that want to be in, and that show up every once and awhile, but the majority flake on us at the last minute. :mad:

Top Notch car club is actually a nation wide club and we're just starting the chapter in the D.C. area.

We're trying to get sponsors for the club and such, but with only two steady members that's hard to do. We are trying to hook up with redlinemax.com though. They have recently expanded into a nissan performance shop so they're giving us little freebies here and there.

But we don't want to be just nissans, we want everyone in the club. Well, not EVERYONE, but you know what I mean.

I'm planning to go to the track more often. I just got my Z a few months ago (used to have a 6thgen accord, duh) and that was the first time I took her to the track. Now that I know what works I plan on competing in the races.

It's really cool how they set it up. They do it based on your previous best time. So pretty much all you have to do is do near or under your best time and you could win first place. They start the two cars off at different times depending on the previous best run. It basicaly means that you have to be consistent in your runs so it's more a driver oriented race than a car oriented one.

Just to prove this, in the top 16 they pitted the guy with the #1 time vs. the guy with the #16 time and so on. And THEN we got suprised because in the #2 vs. the #15 race, the #2 guy screwed up, and he pulled an 11second run previously. But because he screwed up he was beaten by #15 who pulled a 15second run. lol

Doing it that way kinda evens things out. You can see in the video where it looks like the civic got the jump on me, but that's because he took off first so I had to catch up and pass him to win. Well, that and I spun out horribly in 1st gear. lol

Oh, and btw, that corvette guy was crazy! He took off right in front of the cops! :eek: Then again, I was crazy 'cause I followed him. lol I don't know what I got up to, but my friend in the Altima said he stopped following us when he got to 120mph.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment on the video.

Last edited:
Back