Ability to delete your own posts

f23accord2000

Reaction score
this is def a great idea i go into 4 different forums and i can delete my post any time and day i want,here if you screw up or double post by accident then u can delete it ,and not wait till the post is deleted by a mod (saving them from skimming every post) and having people flame all over the post when there was an accident, and then when people start flaming that gives neg feedback for the people that want to buy things and makes the person look like an *** over an accident

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
yeah either way it can be edited.....on another forum that i moderate, you can delete your posts any time, but they go into the "QTHP: Questionable Topic Holding Pen"...any thread deleted by a mod or by yourself goes in there and isnt touched....it keeps the boards cleaner but still saves topics in a seperate forum and only the moderators can access it...something to think about, it works out for us great

jess

That's a REALLY good idea... any threads from the FS forum should be placed in a sort of backup when it's made

angelplus

Reaction score
Then just prevent threads in the classified to be deleted... it doesn't really matter regardless. They can just as easily go through, and modify the thread, and take out all the information.

I disagree with all this. I think that if there is ever an incident on the site, and moderators have to review a thread then people would delete their posts and say "prove to me that I said this or that". This could be a bad idea in the future if you decide to do what tek rice said above.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I disagree with all this. I think that if there is ever an incident on the site, and moderators have to review a thread then people would delete their posts and say "prove to me that I said this or that". This could be a bad idea in the future if you decide to do what tek rice said above.

umm...

that's my point the whole time... u just read 1 post and came to a conclusion... u took that out of context

Back