Able to see who deleted posts and why

shavedaccord

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Posts
5,678
Reaction score
19
Location
Gates, OR
Just thought I'd let the Admins know some reason I am able to see who deleted posts and why. Probably not a good idea..lol even if you enabled it.

example below.
delpost.jpg
 

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Posts
21,872
Reaction score
123
Location
CA
yesterday? what post was tht lol

edit: nm... found it
 
Last edited:

xluben

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Posts
1,299
Reaction score
5
Location
MN
shavedaccord said:
Just thought I'd let the Admins know some reason I am able to see who deleted posts and why. Probably not a good idea..lol even if you enabled it.

example below.
delpost.jpg

i believe you are always able to see this and the explanation if they put one.
 

shavedaccord

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Posts
5,678
Reaction score
19
Location
Gates, OR
No actually your not. This is the first time I have been able to see them. There is an option in AdminCP to not allow users to see who deleted posts. Usually causes drama which is why Admins leave this option off.
 

angelplus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Posts
2,664
Reaction score
3
Location
Ohio
Hmm, well thats akward. When I delete a useless post like Darksides, I usually physically delete it, but I left it there so that the other mods could see it if there was a problem. I'll let Eric know and see what he says. Thanks for letting us know!
 

shavedaccord

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Posts
5,678
Reaction score
19
Location
Gates, OR
angelplus said:
Hmm, well thats akward. When I delete a useless post like Darksides, I usually physically delete it, but I left it there so that the other mods could see it if there was a problem. I'll let Eric know and see what he says. Thanks for letting us know!
Always good practice to not physically delete all posts, never know when you might need to reference a deleted post. On AT we actually have an achieved thread section to move certain threads too instead of removing them completely. Comes in handy with trouble makers, again gives you something to reference.
 

angelplus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Posts
2,664
Reaction score
3
Location
Ohio
shavedaccord said:
Always good practice to not physically delete all posts, never know when you might need to reference a deleted post. On AT we actually have an achieved thread section to move certain threads too instead of removing them completely. Comes in handy with trouble makers, again gives you something to reference.

Yeah I get what you're saying, thats a really good idea. I usually just delete(they're still there but cannot be seen by members) the posts if I think that a member will complain about it so that another mod can look at it. But in another case just to clean out a thread or what not, I will physically delete them which will remove everything
 

Latest posts

Back
Top