About LED Turn signal bulbs

ejreams

Reaction score
I know there are some out there now that run a constant white when the lights are on, then when the hazards or signal is activated orange flashes over the white.

My question is, the reason they are able to be white during non usage is because they run off the "parking light" function of the headlights since most cars parking lights are also the turn signals.

In 6th gens ours are seperate, the turn signal lights only come on when you use them they do not illuminate otherwise.

so if I got those LED turn signals, do you think the white led's would ever even run? would it still only turn orange when I hit the switch, if thats the case I would assume them useless to any 6th gen owner.

Thanks for any replies.

Here's an example of the lights (I know these ones are expensive)

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/...ED/V-LEDS-TYPE-2-DUAL-COLOR-p5851397-1-2.html

There's a video at the bottom of the page.

Cpyro

Reaction score
the parking light is the turn signal, unless im completely wrong. we have, lows, highs, turn, and the lil parking light in the lower amber strips.

Kevin aka GoldenKnight, hes got the bulbs that flash white and orange. Should PM him

Last edited:

ejreams

Reaction score
the parking light is the turn signal, unless im completely wrong. we have, lows, highs, turn, and the lil parking light in the lower amber strips.

Kevin aka GoldenKnight, hes got the bulbs that flash white and orange. Should PM him

Yea I know that but I'm saying, the turning signal is what I want to replace and it doesn't for what I know have a constant 12 volt when it isn't being used, and if thats the case the bulb wouldn't work like it is supposed to.

I could be wrong though I'm just trying to get some input before I spend some money on somthing that wont work because of wiring.

xx24xx

Reaction score
Yeah there is a video of it on youtube too. Search is your friend.

xx24xx

Reaction score
The LED you are referring to is called a switchback. There is 2 different types. One stays white till you hit the blinker. It flashes amber, off, amber off get it? The other stays white till you hit the blinker and it flashes amber, white, amber white. Pretty simple. You do need to get resistors. Autolumination.com has everything you need.

Edit: blinker = turn signal

ejreams

Reaction score
The LED you are referring to is called a switchback. There is 2 different types. One stays white till you hit the blinker. It flashes amber, off, amber off get it? The other stays white till you hit the blinker and it flashes amber, white, amber white. Pretty simple. You do need to get resistors. Autolumination.com has everything you need.

Edit: blinker = turn signal

Why do I need resistors, to keep them from hyperflashing?
am I going to have to wire them?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
#1 they're called Switchbacks (if you search them on here there's plenty of info on them). #2 when running lights are on, the white is what is on. When your lights are off and you activate the turn signals, just the amber blinks.
Anything else you wanna know can be found on the Switchback thread.

ejreams

Reaction score
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19924

Basically the same thing, only not as many LEDs on them. All info you need should be in there.

And I got an LED-compatible flasher instead of resistors. No wiring necessary and you can buy it at Advance Auto parts (if you still have one open near you, all of ours closed lol)

Thanks, and my problem was that I didn't think they turn signals had constant power to them on 6th gen accords, but they do... so I'm just retarded haha. thanks for the help.

ejreams

Reaction score
By the way do you know what type of resistors and where they go in the car? I figure in a fuse box under the hood.

:buttkick:

Back