ABS wheel speed sensor...seized

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
So I pounded a flat head into the sidewall of the remnants of the sensor, and pryed it out. Now I just have the hole.

2012-03-31_16-50-19_334.jpg

Can't get the new sensor in. Tried sanding the insides of the hole, and lubing it to help slide it in [insert sex joke here], but no luck. I got the sensor halfway in, but then it won't budge, and I can't hit it since that's how I apparently broke the first one.

Guess I need to try taking a dremel to the inside of the hole to get more of the corrosion out, that's the only thing I can think of. So aggravating.

001Stunna

Reaction score
So I pounded a flat head into the sidewall of the remnants of the sensor, and pryed it out. Now I just have the hole.

2012-03-31_16-50-19_334.jpg

Can't get the new sensor in. Tried sanding the insides of the hole, and lubing it to help slide it in [insert sex joke here], but no luck. I got the sensor halfway in, but then it won't budge, and I can't hit it since that's how I apparently broke the first one.

Guess I need to try taking a dremel to the inside of the hole to get more of the corrosion out, that's the only thing I can think of. So aggravating.

Dremel should work and should be pretty easy, if not you can use a sanding bit and a powered/cordless drill.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I just removed my ABS sensors from my rear disc swap setup. Those things are in there really tight, good luck. A wire brush should clean it up nicely. Did you use Anti seize to lube it?

Last edited:
Back