AC compressor not turning on

twofast4u

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So a few weeks ago while i was driving both my PS belt and AC/Alt belt popped off (turns out my crank pulley got loose). I've put the pully back and put locktite on the bolt itself. I've also put the belts back on. This morning i had to use my defroster so I hit the button for the front, the AC light turned on but i didnt hear the click of teh compressor. So I pop the hook and see the compressor not engaged yet.

Do you guys know what would cause the compressor not to turn on?

Here are some pics of when the belts came loose

Thanks

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
Have a look to see if the belt coming off caused collateral damage. Did it cut a harness, break a connector off?

twofast4u

Reaction score
Ok. So weirdest thing happened. I got it working for a few weeks (one connector was loose) I hit a bump (big pothole) last week and it stopped working again. I'm thinking its wiring or a fuse, but don't really know where else to look. Anyone know where is the ac compressor fuse is? Also, the fan isn't turning on when I hit the ac button.

Got02Accord

Reaction score
The AC fuse should be under the hood but the passenger side fire wall. Check in their, Your bad connection might have undone itself and shorted or something like that, blowing the fuse.

twofast4u

Reaction score
The AC fuse should be under the hood but the passenger side fire wall. Check in their, Your bad connection might have undone itself and shorted or something like that, blowing the fuse.

Thanks. I'll check the fuse after this snow/ice storm. I already checked the connector, and its the same way i left it.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Check for power at the clutch coil, bad = check source, good = check gap.

Also, tell us a/c pressure(s).

Back